Chapter 13 Got a Little Drunk Last Night

Killian POV

It was Friday, which was normally test day but I had been so distracted that I completely forgot to print the tests off so, at least the students would get a nice surprise. Kassidy hadn't said much to me since Wednesday night and she was very quiet in class yesterday which was completely out of character for her and today, she didn't even show up to class.

"Was Miss Cole here today Ruby?" I asked figuring her best friend would know.

"Yes. I don't know why she isn't here." She said.

Great. She had moved from hardly speaking to me to avoiding me all together.

"Okay, well, I forgot to print off the tests this morning, so you all get another study day." I said. The class cheered.

"Yeah yeah. Don't forget half of you have Saturday detention. And you have this whole weekend to study before this test on Monday so I expect everyone to pass it!" I said. "I will be back in a moment." I said and walked out of the classroom

Where are you Miss Cole?

I walked down the hall and past the library and saw Kassidy sitting in the library reading.

What the hell?

"Miss Cole." I said. She looked up at me. I gestured for her to come into the hall way. She got up and walked into the hallway.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey? You skip my class, I find you in the library and all I get is a hey?" I asked.

"Sorry.." She said.

"Why are you skipping class?" I asked.

"I just didn't feel like going." She said and shrugged with little emotion on her face.

"Well, do you feel like going to Detention?" I asked.

"Not really." She said.

"Then you should probably come to class." I said.

"I'm actually reading this really good book right now." She said.

"Kassidy." I said and gave her a look.

"Look, I'm just going to stay in the library. And if it makes you feel better to give me detention, then give me detention but that doesn't mean I'm going to show up there either." She said.

"What is the problem Kassidy? Does this have anything to do with Wednesday?" I asked.

Of course it does, Idiot

"I don't want to talk about Wednesday." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I'd rather forget about it." She said. "I shouldn't have done it, I got caught up in the moment, it was a mistake. You are my teacher."

"Is that really how you feel?" I asked.

"Yup." She said but I could see right through it. She was upset.

I saw Miss Mills out of the corner of my eye turning the corner. So, I put my best Scary teacher face on.

"Miss Cole, you either come back to class. Or you can come with me to the office and We can have a chat with Mr. Collins about you skipping class." I snapped. She looked confused for a second but then saw Miss Mills.

"Well, Since you asked so nicely." She said with her classic Kassidy Cole eye roll that I had come to know well.

I waited until Miss Mills was past us.