Chapter 27 Temptation

Kassidy POV

I walked out of Killian's bathroom showered and dressed, ready for the day. It was Saturday, and just two weeks before the winter formal so the girls and I were going dress shopping. Things had gotten considerably easier since I told them about Killian and I. I didn't have to lie to them about everything that I was doing. I walked into the living room. Killian was lounging on the sofa watching Netflix

"Do you really have to go?" he asked as he looked over at me.

"Yes, The girls and I are going dress shopping today." I said and smiled. "If we don't go today, I may not get a dress in time."

"That would be tragic." He said. I tossed a throw pillow at him. He laughed. I put my hands on my hips and arched an eyebrow at him.

"You still need to get a tux." I said.

"I know, I know." He said he seemed nervous.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Its just what if someone figures it out?"

"No one will know who you are everyone is wearing masks, and Ruby, Emma, and Belle are going to help to make sure no one finds out." I said and sat down beside him. "Everything is going to be just fine." I said and leaned against him.

"You're right. Its just it seems when things start going good for us, things to go hell." He said.

"That seems to be our luck. But, I have a really good feeling about it." I said and smiled. He returned my smile.

"I'm just gonna ask again, in case you changed your mind. Do you really have to go?" He asked.

"Yes. I do." I said. He leaned in and kissed just behind my ear making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "I can give you plenty of reasons to stay." He whispered in my ear. I just wanted to melt into him and stay forever. We were just two weeks and a day away from doing whatever the hell we wanted and it was getting increasingly harder to say no to each other and we had now made it a game to see if either one of us was going to give in.

"Nope Nope nope! Not gonna work!" I said standing up.

"It almost did and you know it." He said and smirked.

"You are the devil." I said.

"I can be." He said. I shivered.

Jesus take the wheel.

"I have to go. Nice try." I said and grinned at him. He sighed.

"Fine. If you must. But send me pictures. I want to see the dress so I can color coordinate with you...or am I not supposed to see the dress?" He asked.

"Its a dance Killian, we aren't getting married. you can see the dress." I said and laughed.

"Good." He said and stood up and kissed me. "Have fun. Try not to knock anyone out over a dress."

"What kind of person do you think I am Jones?" I asked. He just gave me a look.

"Right." I said. "No promises." I said and grabbed my purse. "Love you." I said.

"Love you too." He said and smiled. We made it a habit to say it every time we left one another. We had been through so much shit, that we never knew what life would throw at us and we didn't want to ever leave each other on a bad note. 

"What do you think about this one?" Belle asked as she stepped out of the dressing room in a stunning yellow gown.

"Yes!" I said. "That one. It has to be that one. You look so beautiful."