Chapter 29 Stroke of Midnight

A/N: Sorry for the delay with this chapter. I try to publish every day. (I don't have a life lol) However, this is an important chapter and I wanted to take extra time to make sure it was written in a tasteful manner. I struggled with it a lot but finally wrote something I was happy with. I hope it reads okay, and I hope whoever reads enjoys! Let me know. Thanks! 
<3 LlamaLoyd

Killian POV

I unlocked the door to my house and led Kassidy in. She was shivering and drenched from the rain. I walked over to the fireplace and started it.

"Why don't you go get out of that wet dress?" I asked.

"Okay." I'll be right back. She said and smiled walking into the bathroom. It was a few minutes later before she opened the bathroom door and poked her head out.

"Killian..can you bring me some clothes?" She asked.

"Of course." I said and walked into the bedroom and opened the top drawer of the dresser grabbing some of her clothes that she had left here previously and brought them to her.

"Thank you." She said and kissed me on the cheek before slipping back into the bathroom and closing the door. I walked to the bedroom to change out of my wet tux.

When I walked back into the livingroom Kassidy was sitting in front of the fireplace, She had taken all of the make up off her face and her damp hair was thrown into a messy ponytail. She wore a pair brightly colored mismatched socks, lounge pants and a faded tee shirt and still my heart skipped a beat when she turned her head and smiled at me. She was just as beautiful now, as she was a little over an hour ago at the dance. I sat down beside her and she handed me a mug of hot chocolate.

"Thank you love." I said and smiled.

"I may not be good in the kitchen, but I can make hot chocolate." She said. I smirked.

"Oh..I don't know that strawberry pop tart you toasted the other day was pretty damn good." I said She laughed.

"I'm..sorry for freaking out on you earlier." She said.

"Its okay." I said and put my hand on top of hers. "Its a really big secret that we are keeping from a lot of people and its stressful, I know but I'm not worried as long as I have you." I said. She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder and sipped at her hot chocolate. Her phone vibrated next to her and she looked down at it.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Ruby." She said with a little laugh. "The weather is getting bad and they are shutting down the dance because its supposed to freeze over night and the roads will be bad. I better tell her we already left." She said and sent a quick text back.

"So we may be stuck inside all day tomorrow." I said.

"Stuck inside, with you all day doesn't sound too bad." She smirked. I smiled. We sat in silence listening to the rain.

Kassidy POV

I felt a nudge on my shoulder, I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep.

"Kass." Killian whispered. I blinked my eyes open and gave him a sleepy smile.

"When did I fall asleep?" I asked.

"A couple hours ago." He smiled and got up and walked into the kitchen. I stood up and yawned. I wrapped the throw blanket around my self and followed him to the kitchen. He had his back to me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"11:59" He said and turned to me with a goofy smile on his face. He had a cupcake in his hand with one lit candle sticking out of it. I giggled and pushed up to sit on the kitchen counter. He approached me and extended his hand with the cupcake in it. I went to take it.