Chapter 6 A Broken Promise

A/N: Trigger Warning, like the previous chapter, this chapter has mentions of abuse. 

Kassidy POV

I sat at the lunch table and stared at my phone. It was a mistake turning it back on, seeing all of the missed calls and text messages from Dylan. Why couldn't he just take a hint? The sound of a lunch tray hitting the table in front of me made me jump. I looked up and was met by three sets of narrowed eyes. Ruby, Emma, and Belle.

"Where have you been all day?" Emma asked.

"More importantly, Why did you totally freak out on me in Biology?!" Ruby asked.

"I'm...sorry?" I said.

"You should be. We are your friends. you can tell us anything." Belle said.

"So spill it. What is going on?" Ruby asked.

I sighed heavily and put my head in my hands. "Look. There are just some things. I don't want to talk about." I said.

"Like.. everything since you showed up three days ago." Ruby said with an eye roll.

"Well forgive me, if I don't spill my guts to the three people I've only known for three days!" I spat. and then sighed. "Its just.. really personal." I said.

"Fine. Just tell us if you are okay?" Emma said.

"I'm fine." I said with a smile.

"You're lying." Emma said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I just do." Emma shrugged. "So Really. What is wrong?" She asked. I went to speak but my phone rang. Again. Ruby took it off of the table and looked at it and grinned.

"Oooo.. Who is Dylan?" She asked.

"Ruby.. please." I said standing up trying to grab my phone from her. "Just give me the phone!" I shouted. She handed it back to me.

"Geeze what is up with you?!" She asked. As I took the phone back I accidently answered the call and His voice came through the speaker.

"Kassi.. is it you?" He said.

I quickly hung up. His voice shook me to the core.

"Kass?" Ruby said and stepped forward and put her hand on my shoulder. I pulled away.

"Don't!" I screamed and grabbed my things and took off out of the cafeteria. I could hear Ruby, Belle, and Emma as the followed me. I ran into the bathroom and leaned against the door trying to keep them out But the three of them over powered me and came into the bathroom. I paced back and forth trying to control the tears that were falling.
 Ruby picked up my phone and started reading through the text messages.

"Kassidy. Calm down.." Belle said.

"I can't. He wont leave me alone." I cried.

"Who?!" Emma asked.

"Dylan.." Ruby said. "Kassi this guy is a total creep! You have to tell someone!" She said.

"I can't! Because it will just get worse."

"Who is this guy?" Belle asked.

"Hes my ex boyfriend.." I said and wiped tears from my eyes. A couple of girls walked into the bathroom.

"Out!" Ruby said.

"We have to go!" One of them said.

"Yeah well there's two other bathrooms in this school. Pick one!" Emma said as her and Ruby pushed the girls out and blocked the door.