Chapter 42 With a Little Help From my Friends

A/N: I just realized that in previous chapters I had spelled Kathryn's name wrong. Which I will eventually go back and fix, incase anyone was wondering why her name is spelled differently in this chapter, that is why XD my bad. 

Kassidy POV

Walking back into the school, after being away for so long was an odd feeling. People stared at me, some gave me looks of sympathy. Some whispered about things they really didn't know about which was annoying but I blocked it out as best as I could.

"Miss Cole.. I need a word with you." Miss Mills said coming down the hall way.

"Uh.. Okay." I said she led me to the office, the principals office.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Things have changed a little since you were last here. Mr. Collins retired, I took his job."

Great.

"Oh. Okay." I said. "So who is teaching History?" I asked.

"You remember Kathryn right? You were only here for her fist day I believe." She said.

How could I forget her?

"So why am I here?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about your attendance. You've recently missed nearly a month of school." She said. "I understand your fathers death was sudden, and you needed time but, right now, you don't have enough credit to move forward to senior year."

"I know, I Have all of my school work that I missed, I am working on it." I said.

"The end of the school year is next Month Miss Cole, Three weeks from now to be exact. In order to get the credit you need, that school work needs to be turned in by Friday."

"Friday?! That's impossible! What about Summer school? I can make up the credit there."

"You still wouldn't have enough." She said, I got the feeling that she really didn't care. This woman hated me. 

I sighed. "Please, I am begging you. Extend the date. I know I haven't been a model student, and I shouldn't have missed but I am trying." I said.

"There is nothing I can do. You either get all of the work in by Friday, or you don't advance." She said.

This woman is pure fucking evil.

I sighed.

"Fine." I said.

"Best of luck to you Miss Cole." Miss Mills said and smiled but it wasn't a real smile, it was a I hate you, and this is great for me smile. I walked out of the office trying to hold back tears. How the hell was I supposed to do a months worth of school work by Friday? 

I sat at the lunch table working on some of the huge pile of work that I had.

"Take a break. You've been working on that all day." Emma said.

"I can't take a break. Miss Mills, gave me until Friday to finish all of this, or I don't get to be a senior next year. So right now, I eat, and breathe this homework." I Said.

"What?? How is that fair?" Emma asked.

"When is anything that woman does fair?" Ruby asked.

"Well what do you have left?" Belle asked.

"A little bit of everything. I haven't even touched my French homework." I said. Belle sighed.

"This goes against everything I believe in, but if you give me your French homework I'll have it done by tomorrow." She said.