Chapter 30 History

A/N: Just a short filler chapter with a dramatic twisty cliff hanger for you. I Wrote more for this chapter but decided to end it with the cliffhanger instead and start the rest of it for Chapter 31 which will be published later tonight possibly. 

Kassidy POV

I stood outside in Killian's back yard looking at the snow, I had always loved snow ever since I was little something about it was just magical. Killian's back yard was pretty big too and he had a huge privacy fence which was good, I wouldn't want his neighbors to see me and ask questions, or assume the worst. I pulled my faux fur lined hood up over my head. It was freezing out here, and it didn't help that I was only wearing a thin pair of lounge pants and one of Killian's dress shirts under my jacket and my burgundy converse which were getting extremely wet and so were my socks. Not ideal snow clothes but I didn't mind it so much. I would have to remind myself to bring more clothes, for all weather to Killian's, it was clear that I was going to be spending a lot more time here. Suddenly, I was hit right in the face with a snowball. I yelped, the snow felt like needles on my face. Killian erupted with laughter.

"Oh you should have seen your face!" He said in between laughs. I wiped the snow off my now red face.

"You're a dead man Killian Jones." I said through chattering teeth and ran to him throwing myself at him and tackling him to the ground. We rolled down a small hill in his back yard laughing all the way and when we reached the bottom He was on top of me.

"Well, it seems like this worked out better for me, than it did you." He said.

"I don't know, its working out pretty good for me too." I said and kissed him. While he was focused on my lips I scooped up a bunch of snow in my hands and dumped it over his head. He gasped and stood up shaking the snow off of him

"Shit! that's cold!" He said.

"it is, isn't it?" I said and laughed

"Fair enough." He smirked and helped me up. "You are like an icicle." He said. "Why don't we go inside and find something on Netflix...and not actually watch it." He said and pushed a curl out of my face.

I grinned. "I like the way you think." I said. 

After spending most of the rest of the day "watching Netflix" I laid on my side next to Killian on the couch tracing the muscles on his chest with my index finger. The dryer buzzed meaning my clothes were dry but I wasn't ready to get up yet. Killian ran his hand through my hair.

"We should get up." He said.

"Blasphemy." I mumbled and snuggled into his neck.

"Its 4." he said.

"I know what time it is." I replied. He chuckled.

"Okay, well at least let me up." He said.

"No, you are comfy." I said.

"Okay, come on." He said and shimmied away from me taking the throw blanket with him wrapping it around his waist. I groaned.

"That's mean." I said and pouted at him. He grinned and walked to the dryer to get my clothes.

"Here." He said and put my clothes on the coffee table "Get dressed and help me figure out what to do for dinner." He said and walked to the bedroom to get dressed.

I stood up and got dressed. As the day had went on I started to feel pretty run down, but I was pushing through it, trying to will myself to not be sick. Killian walked back out and into the kitchen. I followed him.

"What are you in the mood for?" He asked.

"Spaghetti." I said and yawned and leaned against the counter.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I smiled. He looked at me, very skeptically but carried on.

"I still have to write my history paper for Miss Mills. What kind psychopath gives people homework on the weekends?" I asked.

"Miss Mills." He replied simply and smirked "You can use my office if you want."

"Awesome. It wont take me long." I said and walked into the office and sat down at the desk, I opened his laptop. I typed in his password that he gave me when I needed his computer to look up something for Biology a few weeks ago. I opened word and started typing. As I was typing my eyes grew heavy.

Nope nope nope. Stay awake Kassidy. You aren't coming down with anything. you are fine. I thought to myself and blinked my eyes and kept typing. My phone vibrated beside me.

Dad:

Roads should be good tomorrow morning. Just stay where you are for tonight and make sure you go to school tomorrow!

Me:

Of course Dad. You aren't out working in this are you?

Dad:

Well..

Me:

Ugh! Dad! Just..promise me you'll be safe...

Dad:

Always. I've got next weekend off. What do you want to do for your birthday?

Me:

I don't know, we will figure something out. :)

Dad:

Sure! Have fun at Ruby's love you!

Me:

Love you too Dad.

I sighed. Have fun at Ruby's Well I've been having fun. But not at Ruby's and not the kind of fun you'd approve of Dad. I thought to myself feeling a little guilty. lying to him was not fun but he would kill Killian if he ever found out and then he'd probably kill me. I went back to trying to focus on my History paper when I really, really just wanted to take a nap. I got about half way through the history paper when I heard the messenger notification on the computer chime.

That's weird.

I minimized word and noticed that there was a tab on his browser open. I clicked it and his facebook opened. I didn't feel right about this. I didn't want to snoop.

Until..

I looked down at the corner of the screen and saw the name on the messenger convo.

Milah.

My heart raced. What the hell was she messaging him for? I shouldn't have but I opened the message.

Milah:

I miss you.. come over you do remember where I live right? 

I wasn't too worried after all after scrolling up, She had sent him several messages that he never replied to. 
Wait a second..Hes typing back He had to have been answering her from his phone. 

Killian: 
I will call you later. 

I had to read it three times to make sure I was reading it right. 
Oh. Hell no! 

I quickly shut the laptop panicking now, my head was spinning. She was his ex Why was she still friends with her on Facebook? Why was she messaging him to come over? Why did he say he'd call her?? So much for her being history.