Chapter 24 Right back at it again

Kassidy POV

It was just after New Years before I returned to school. I took some extra time to get my head together, with the help of my friends, Killian, and Doctor Hopper, I was finally feeling more like myself. My shoulder was for the most part back to normal, I only had problems lifting heavy objects but with time that would be back to normal as well. I was for the most part Happy to return to school, but I was also anxious. Dad was anxious too, he actually drove me to school this morning. I walked to Killian's classroom that morning and stood in the door way and cleared my throat. He looked up at me and grinned. I closed his classroom door and locked it behind me and ran to him. He lifted me from the ground and spun me.

"I didn't expect to see you back until next week!" He said holding me tightly.

"I know I wanted it to be a surprise. My physical therapist and Doctor Hopper cleared me to come back early." I smiled.

"That's great!" He said. "What about you. do you feel ready?" He asked.

"Yes. More than ready. I'm a little anxious but that's to be expected." I said.

"Of course." He said. "Its good to see you yourself again." He said and kissed me. I returned his kiss.

"Guess what?" I asked.

"What?" He asked.

"1 month." I said and smirked.

"The 6th right?" Killian asked and nuzzled into my neck.

"Yep. the day after Winter formal." I smiled.

"Are you going to that?" He asked.

"I think so." I said. "I wish you could be my date." I frowned.

"I know. Me too." He said.

"So who are you going with?"

"Well, Emma and Neal are going together, and Ruby and Peter are going together but I don't think Belle is going with anyone so we may be each others dates."

"Miss Cole, I wasn't aware you swung that way." He smirked. I slapped his shoulder.

"As friends...smartass." I said.

He laughed and leaned in and kissed me again.

"You better go to class. I'd hate to see you get detention on your first day back...unless its from me." He said and winked.

"Okay, I will see you later. Go easy on me today!" I said.

"Not a chance." He said. "Love you."

"Love you too." I said and left the classroom. 

I walked into Biology with a few minutes to spare. Ruby nearly shrieked when she saw me.

"You're back!!" She said.

"Calm down Miss Lucas, we are all glad to see Kassidy back." Whale said and smiled. I sat down at mine and Ruby's lab table.

"So glad you are back. you have missed so much!" Ruby said.

"You will have to catch me up during lunch." I said. and grinned. 

I carried my lunch tray to the table and sat down happily with my friends. The day had gone by pretty quickly, and not much had happened save for a few people who asked me the weird questions, Like what it was like to get shot? I mean who asks that question?

"Its so good to have you back" Belle said and smiled.

"Yes, Now we can plan for The winter formal and we can find Kassidy a date." Ruby said.