Chapter 38 Sneaky Devil

Killian POV

I had to admit, I felt just a little bad for Sean. He turned to me.

"I know, we aren't on the best of terms right now, but I need you to talk to her for me. Even if she doesn't come home, I want her to talk to me." He said. "She listens to you."

I laughed. "She doesn't listen to me any better than she listens to you. This is Kassidy we are talking about."

"Fair enough." He said. "Just...try."

"I will try, but I can't promise anything. She will talk to you when she's ready." I said. He nodded and set a bag full of things on my desk.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Its some of her things that I thought she might want but is too stubborn to come home and get." He said.

"I'm sure, she'll appreciate it." I said.

"She was looking a little rough.." He said and sighed.

"I don't think she slept last night." I said.

"She gets this way when she has a lot on her mind, She thinks I don't notice because I'm not home a lot, but I do, put a couple drops of melatonin in her tea and she will be out like a light." He said. It was obvious he missed her.

"Thank you.. for not telling the school board." I said.

He nodded. "Well, honestly this morning.. I was going to, however I thought about yesterday the way you defended her after I said what I said not many people would throw a police officer...with a gun at a wall the way you did and not even think twice about it.." He said. "I can tell that you love her."

"I do." I said. "More than anything."

"Good." He said.

Kassidy POV

The girls and I sat at our normal booth in Granny's sharing a huge plate of French fries and working on our homework. Every now and then Ruby would get up to help Granny with the tables and that's when I saw her walk in.

Katherine.

The pencil in my hand broke and both Emma and Belle looked to the door and then back at me.

"Why are you looking at that woman like you want to rip out her soul?" Emma asked.

"Because I want to rip out her soul if she even has one." I muttered. Ruby looked at me and looked at Katherine and winked before seating her at a table and asking her what she'd like to drink.

"Who is that woman?" Belle asked.

"My dads new girlfriend." I said. Katherine looked over at me, and smiled. I rolled my eyes. I watched Ruby bring her a cup of coffee and then she came over and sat back down with us with a grin on her face.

"What did you do?" Belle asked.

"Wait for it." Ruby said. I watched Katherine take a sip of the coffee. I watched her face twist and I watched her spit it out everywhere and start fanning her mouth. I looked at Ruby and laughed

"What did you do?"

"You mean she didn't want Tabasco in her coffee?" She asked with a fake pout.

"You are horrible!" Belle hissed but was trying herself not to laugh. I looked up at Katherine she was now glaring at me. I tilted my head and smirked at her. If she thought I was about to play nice she was dead wrong. My Dad walked in the diner obviously to meet Katherine. I rolled my eyes. He looked at her and she looked straight at me, said something and pointed to our table.