Chapter 8 Test Day

Kassidy POV

So much had changed in just two days. I looked forward to school. Okay, so I looked forward to going to Algebra class every day the rest of school didn't matter much. Since Wednesday, Mr. Jones had become a little awkward with me, but he still messaged me on facebook every night to see if I needed help with my homework. He was quiet around me in person now, and seemed to be trying to just focus on helping me with my algebra. I supposed I was okay with this since I was able to spend more time with him. I didn't know why I had become so attached to him. He was my teacher and I was his student and I was sure that's all he saw it as too, even though I almost hoped he saw more. My phone had been quiet for a couple of days too maybe because I got a new number to go with the new phone my dad bought me because he felt guilty for missing our dinner date and well, I had smashed the screen on the other one to pieces. I walked to Mr. Jones classroom that morning and walked in. He was as usual, eating a bagel and looking over some paper work

"Good morning, Mr. Jones." I said. He looked up and smiled at me.

"Good Morning." He said. "You didn't have any homework from me last night." He said.

In other words, what the heck are you doing in my classroom Kassidy? I thought at least he put it nicely.

"No.. I know I just was anxious about the test today." I said.

"You are going to do fine. Last night we went over the whole study guide twice and you did great." He said.

"I know. Its just.. what if I forget?" I asked.

"You wont." He smiled. I smiled back at him. God, what was wrong with me? This was insane. He is my teacher.

"Okay. Well. Bye." I said and quickly walked out of the classroom.

That wasn't awkward at all

Come lunch time I was so anxious I could not eat. It was just a damn math test, so why was it freaking me out.

"You okay Kassidy?" Emma asked.

"Yeah. Just nervous about the Algebra test.." I said.

"Me too. Last time, half of the class failed and he screamed at us for an entire hour." Ruby said.

"Great." I said.

"Why are you so freaked out? He yells at you all the time and you snap back at him. Its kind of your thing." Belle said.

"He told me if I didn't get at least a B on this test I'd get detention all next week too."

Not that I minded.

"Why is he picking on you so much?" Emma asked.

"I don't know." I said with a shrug.

"I'm sure you will do fine." Ruby said. "You've been studying it like crazy and After school, you are coming to my house. and we are going to eat Pizza, and watch Netflix and forget about school for a couple days." She grinned.

"I still have detention." I said.

"Ugh.. damnit Jones." Ruby said. "After detention then. You are coming over. No excuses."

"Sure." I said and smiled.

I sat in my seat chipping off what was left of my black nail polish as Mr. Jones walked around passing out tests to everyone.

"You have the entire class to take your test, Take your time. No talking, No cell phones. If I see anyone cheating you will go straight to the office." He said and set a test down onto my desk. "Just Focus." He whispered to me before sitting down at his desk watching everyone like a hawk. This guy did not mess around when it came to testing. I flipped my test over and started it. The first page was easier than I thought it would be Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. I flipped to the second page and my focus went out the window as I tried to solve the equations. I couldn't seem to think straight. I was having a hard time breathing and the numbers on the page were getting blurry. I set my pencil down for a second and rubbed my temples suddenly becoming aware of every little noise in the room. I was loosing it. My fight or flight instincts were kicking in and I had to get out of this damn classroom. I stood up quickly and every one looked at me.