1

Millie's POV

I stood at the airport, letting my eyes wander to see if I would be able to spot Kendra. My flight had landed twenty minutes ago and yet, here I was, still sitting in the damn airport. I let out a sigh as my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

I quickly grabbed it and saw I had a text from my mother.

Momster: I hope you have landed safely. We still love you.

I rolled my eyes at the phony text. The truth is, my parents haven't wanted anything to do with me ever since I was little. With them, it was always work, work, work. They never had time for me. Still to this day they never did. They had claimed that I was too much of a hassle for them and that's why they had kicked me out. I came home one day and all of my stuff had already been packed. Some "parents" they are.

Anyways, I was raised by Kathy, my best friend Kendra's mom, hence why I am moving in with them. When I told them the story of how my parents had quite literally kicked me out, they welcomed me with open arms. Kendra and I had known each other since we were in diapers. We were like sisters.

She and Kathy had moved away when I was seventeen. It's been two years since I've seen them in person. Kendra and I had made sure not to let our friendship die down as most people would have. We would text every day, video chat, call, and even email each other just to be funny.

"Millie!" I heard a voice yell.

I turned around and came face to face with Kendra. She had tears in her eyes as we walked to each other. I pulled her into a hug as tears began to fill my own eyes.

"Finally! God, I missed you so much." I told her.

Kendra had changed only a little bit. She was still as gorgeous as ever and she looked like she had lost weight. Her dirty blonde hair, which used to be above her shoulders, was now cascading down her back. Her grey eyes still hold just as much mischief as they did when we were kids. I smiled at my best friend.

"I missed you too. You look good." She told me.

Shortly after, we headed out to her car. I had loaded my things into the trunk before climbing into the passenger side. As we drove, Kendra looked over at me for a brief second.

"So anything new with you?"

I shrugged my leaned my head against the seat as she drove. "Besides the fact that I'm now here in Florida, no nothing new."

She frowned. "No special someone?" She asked.

This caused me to lightly laugh. Kendra had always told me I deserved a guy that would shower me with nothing but love. She had told me that I had too good of a personality to be single and that my "looks" were a plus. Although, I didn't really see what she saw. I had brown hair and blue/green eyes like many other girls out there. I was nothing special. The only thing different was the little mole above my upper lip.

"Nope. Still a single pringle." I joked.

Kendra lightly laughed. I spoke up before she could. "But I know you have a boy missy. So when am I going to meet him?"

A big smile broke out onto her face. "Ah! I can't wait for you guys to meet. He's actually at my house right now. You'll love him! Well, not like- you know what I mean."

I began to laugh as I pulled my hair up into a messy bun. "How long have you guys been together now?"

She bit the inside of her lip for a moment. "A year and a half now."

My eyes widened. "Damn. It seems like just yesterday you were texting me about a cute guy from your history class."

Kendra nodded. "Yup. I think you guys will get along great."