12

Ethan's POV

"She was with another dude last night." I muttered to Drew.

"And how do you know that?" He asked as he typed away on his laptop. The two of us were currently at the coffee shop.

"He called me from her phone, she was having a little breakdown and the guy didn't know how to react. He said that she needed me." I explained.

Drew stared at me in confusion. "Then what's so bad about her being with him? He clearly wasn't trying anything on her, especially if he said she needed you. He must have to have known the deal between you two to just call you like that."

I shrugged in response. I didn't care who he was, I was just jealous because he was her and I wasn't. But, she did tell me that she wanted me, that she wanted to be with me. So I shouldn't be too worried about this guy.

"Yeah, you're right. I just hate not being with her." I said. Sheila came out from behind the counter to sit with us.

"Well, I'm sure she misses you too. You two are inseparable." Drew stated.

Sheila nodded her head, agreeing with Drew. "Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen you so into a girl before. It's like you don't know how to function without her."

Sheila was right, I have never been like this with any girl. My past girlfriends never made me feel like this before but there was just something about Millie. She was kind, sweet, funny, and so supportive. She was the whole package and I had been too blind to see that.

"I really like her. Like, a lot." I said.

Drew gave a smile. "Well, I'm sure when she gets back, the two of you will talk things out. Millie doesn't seem like the person to just let things continue to be rocky."

Sheila nodded in agreement. "Yeah, she's too sweet of a person to just push you away. Everything's going to work out Ethan. Just give it time. Honestly, you're worrying about nothing. Millie has shown she clearly wants you."

"I know. She and I will be okay."

Millie's POV
Clark pulled up to the big extravagant building where the real dinner would be taking place. There would be way more people and way more judgements thrown my way.

Richard gently rubbed my back. "You're tense. Relax." He told me softly.

I nodded my head. "I know, I just hate these things. If you thought last night was bad, well, tonight's going to be even worse. And I have to leave for my plane directly after it's over."

Richard frowned. "I won't let them talk to you like they did last night. That was completely out of line." He paused and gave a sad smile. "You really have to leave tonight?"

I nodded. "Yeah, my parents bought the ticket. Plus, I have morning classes tomorrow."

"Ah, college. I see."

I once again nodded before smoothing out my ocean blue dress. "I guess we should head inside." I muttered. "Bye Clark. I'll see you later."

"I'll see you, Millie." He said with a kind smile.

Richard gave a nod to Clark, which Clark returned. Once the two of us were out of the car, we interlocked arms and looked at each other. "Let's get this shit done and over with." Richard said.

So many things could go wrong tonight and I wasn't looking forward to any of it. If it were my choice, I'd leave and go get on the plane right now. I didn't want to face the harshness of the people inside this building.