5

Millie's POV

I typed away on my laptop, writing the final draft of my report. I had procrastinated and had to turn it in by tonight. Luckily, I had finished it and submitted it after two hours of working on it.

There was a knock on my door and in came Kendra. "Hey. Chase and I are going to go grab some pizza. Do you wanna come with us?" She asked with a soft smile. Since I had been working on this stupid report for so long, I gladly took her up on her offer.

"Yeah. I'll change and then be down." I told her.

She nodded and closed the door as she left my room. I shut my laptop and climbed out of bed. I pulled on black skinny jeans along with a yellow tank top. I then slipped on my black vans, threw my hair in a bun, and gave myself a once over in the mirror.

My eyes stopped on the stupid little mole on my upper lip. I absolutely hated it. It caused unwanted comments, like Heathers, and many other people's as well. When I was little, kids used to joke that I had a raisin stuck to my face. It may sound stupid but being a young girl, I didn't want people to laugh at was on my face. It died down in high school but I had always been self-conscious about it. Then Heather comes along and picks on me about it again.

I gave a sigh and grabbed my phone before making my way downstairs. Chase and Kendra were standing in the kitchen talking. "I went to Leo Jackson's party the other night and I saw Ethan with some blonde. It was terrible." Chase had said.

Kendra frowned. "Damn, I thought he'd actually taken a liking to Millie."

Chase nodded. "I don't know, he still acts like the same old Ethan."

I stepped into the kitchen, making my presence known. Chase smiled at me. "Hey, Millie. Ready to go?"

I nodded and began to make my way to the car. Chase was driving, Kendra was in the passenger seat, and I obviously was in the back. Kendra looked over her shoulder at me. "This is the best pizza you'll ever have. It's good as hell." I lightly laughed at my best friend. She had always been a sucker for pizza. It was her favorite, ever since we were little.

Chase reached over and laced his fingers through Kendra's before bringing her hand up to his mouth and placing a soft kiss against it. I stared at them with envy once again.

Had I wanted someone to give me love like that? I sure did. Except, I had accepted the fact that I wasn't made to be loved. My parents didn't want me, I never really had any friends besides Kendra, and guys never liked me either.

I let out a sigh and rested my head against the window. When we pulled up to the pizza place, I could smell the great goodness. This caused my stomach to growl loudly. Chase looked over his shoulder and laughed.

"Damn, do you have a monster in your stomach?" Kendra chuckled at her boyfriend.

I nodded my head. "Yup, he's super hungry today so let's move our asses."

When we got inside, there was a bunch of people sitting at the tables but luckily there was a booth open in the corner. We quickly grabbed it before anyone else could.

When we sat down and got situated, a server came to our table. "Hey guys, I'm Brendan and I'll be your server. How are you today?"

"We're great. You?" Kendra asked as he handed our menus. When he handed me mine, his gaze lingered on me for a moment before he answered Kendra's question.

"I'm pretty good. What can I get you guys to drink?"

Chase perked up. "Pepsi please."

"I'll have the same." Kendra said.