11

Millie's POV

As my plane landed, I looked around for my parents, hoping to see them standing there happily with a sign held up. When I found a chauffeur instead, I wasn't surprised. A middle-aged man with hair that was beginning to grey held up a sign with my name. I offered him a weak smile.

"Hello, Miss. I'm Clark. I am here to accompany you to your parents. May I take your bag?" He asked with a gentle smile.

"It's no worries. I got it. And please, just call me Millie. But thank you, Clark."

He stared at me with wide eyes, seeming to be shocked that I had been the slightest bit of polite to him. He quickly recovered with a smile. "Alright then, follow me."

I did as he told me and he led me out to a black car. He opened the trunk and helped me load up my belongings before opening the backdoor for me. I politely shook my head. "I'm alright Clark. I'll sit up front with you."

I had never liked sitting in the back, I felt rude when I did. I wanted to be able to talk to him without him having to glance in the rearview mirror every five seconds. "Whatever you'd like."

I opened the passenger door and climbed into the seat, quickly buckling my seatbelt. As we began to drive, my phone chimed and I looked down at it to see I had a text from Ethan.

ethan!: babydoll can we please talk? i know we talked a bit yesterday but there's more i need to say.

I so badly wanted to reply to him but I couldn't.  I told him I needed my space.

As I stared at the message he sent me, I saw three texts I had sent him the night I had gotten over the top intoxicated. I let out a long sigh as I read through them. I sounded desperate and dumb. I ran a hand over my face before gently shaking my head.

"Miss- I mean, Millie, if you don't mind me asking, is everything alright?" Clark asked with a concerned tone.

And I felt bad for him because as soon as he asked that question, I completely lost it. I went off about my parents, about Ethan, about my stupid feelings, and pretty much everything that has been going on in my life lately. I truly did feel bad, I wouldn't want a stranger telling all of their problems but I had to get everything out. Especially this whole Ethan thing. I've never felt this sad and upset over a guy before.

"Well, your parents, pardon my french, are complete assholes. I understand why you feel so angry with them, I wouldn't want to just be shipped off away from my home. And as for the boy, it sounds like he's already crazy about you dear. Boys are just imbeciles, they don't know how to think properly. I promise you that whenever you're ready, he's yours. Hell, it sounds like he's already yours."

Clark looked over at me and gave me a reassuring smile. "Oh and by that way, if you ever need to escape your parents this weekend, I'm just a call away."

I nodded my head. "Thank you so much, Clark."

I thought about what he had said about Ethan already being mine. It didn't feel like he was and he didn't act like he was, so was he really mine?

I picked up my phone and text Ethan quickly.

Me: maybe when i get back.

With that, I turned on silent mode and rested my head against the window of the car as Clark drove to my childhood home.

When we had arrived, it still looked the same. There was a big fancy gate where you had to enter in a gate code, then there were the tall green hedges that were trimmed to perfection, and let's not forget about that endless fountain that was right out front. As a child, this place held nothing but bad memories for me. Whether it was me sitting alone on my porch for hours while I waited for my parents to get home, or our old, mean butler who constantly yelled at me to not make a mess. I was never able to be a child here.