17

Millie's POV

"I don't want to leave." I said to Ethan with a pout. I was currently leaning against the car as he loaded the bags in the back. I was refusing to put my bags in the car like a four-year-old. My arms were crossed and I was frowning at the floor.

"Oh, my poor baby." He said in a voice that you would talk to a puppy in. As he said this, he gently took my face in his hands and pressed a quick kiss against my lips. "Don't worry. We'll be back soon."

I softly smiled and watched him as he made his way back towards the house. Georgia walked out with a plate full of cookies and handed them to me. I softly smiled and set them in the car before wrapping my arms around her in a hug. She instantly responded and gave me a tight squeeze.

Georgia was so loving and caring to me, I was genuinely bummed about having to leave. I wasn't ready to go back to the harsh reality of school and stress.

"I hope you know that you've helped Ethan so much. He's more himself than he's ever been Millie and it's because of you." She told me as she pulled out and away from our hug.

I offered a sincere smile and shook my head. "He's something else." I paused. "I'm going to miss you. I really enjoyed staying here, it was so nice and relieving to be away from everything."

It was true. I got to spend quality time with Ethan without each of our responsibilities getting in the way and I also got a chance to clear my head and learn a little bit more about both Ethan and Georgia.

"Well, anytime you feel overwhelmed or stressed about anything, you call me. I will always answer for you."

My heart warmed and I couldn't help but give her another smile. "Thank you."

Ethan came back outside with his keys in his hand along with some snacks for the long drive back home. "Are we all set?" He asked with a boyish grin.

I nodded my head before Georgia pulled me in for one last hug. "Bye, sweetie. I'll see you soon."

"Bye mom- I mean-"

"Sweetheart, you can call me mom anytime." She leaned forward and whispered in my ear. "I'm secretly rooting for you to be my daughter-in-law one day."

My eyes widened and I shook my head gently before lightly laughing at her statement. I blew her a kiss as I climbed into the car and placed the cookies in a safer space.

Ethan engulfed his mom in a big hug causing her to laugh. She gave him a squeeze before gently pushing him back, holding him at arm's length away from her. I couldn't hear what she was saying due to the lowness of her voice but she pointed to me which caused Ethan to look at me over his shoulder. He stared at me with what seemed to be adoration before giving me a subtle wink and nodding focusing his full attention back to Georgia.

I softly smiled at the two of them before resting my head against the headrest and closing my eyes for a moment. I heard the car door open then close and then the car rumbled. It was already four in the evening so we would get home till late.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Ethan waving to his mom one last time. I turned my attention to her, doing the same. I softly smiled as she walked back into her home while Ethan began to slowly drive away.

I pulled my right leg up onto the seat and tilted my head towards Ethan who was trying to find a good radio station. He let out a grunt once he realized nothing good would be playing. I lightly laughed to myself as a pout made its way into his lips and a small crease settled between his eyebrows. He glanced at me from the corner of his eye and his faces softened.