21

Ethan's POV

I finished up the last of my circuit and dropped the cold, metal barbell down, letting it bounce against the floor. I breathlessly wiped the sweat off of my forehead and called the team over so we could huddle and head out. "Bring it in boys!"

Everyone began to huddle around. "As you know, we have our big game in Colorado next weekend against CSU. We've trained our asses off, we've put our time in the field, and we're a solid team. We just have to keep pushing it at practices boys. Gators on three."

"One. Two. Three. Gators!" We all chanted in unison. We all slowly began to disperse towards the locker room.

I ran a hand through my sweaty hair as I headed into the showers. I quickly rinsed off and threw on a pair of sweats and a muscle tank top. I rummaged through my bag for my hoodie but forgot that Millie was currently sporting it. I softly smiled to myself sat on the bench and pulled out my phone to check the time.

10:45 p.m.

I sent Millie a quick text.

me: hey mil. you still doing your "girls night"?

I locked my phone and made my way out to my car, attempting to roll my shoulders out as I did so. My phone buzzed in the pocket of my sweatpants.

babydoll: mmmmm noooooo. they are sleepy sleep

I chuckled at my phone and shook my head. My Millie is drunk again.

me: and your tipsy tips. go drink a big glass of water and take your pretty little self to bed

babydoll: mmmm nooooo. come over. i want cuddles

babydoll: i am not a tired at all. im dizzyyhhhyyy

I sighed and shook my head before pressing the call button. It only rang once before Millie picked up the phone.

"Baby! Hi!" She said in a whisper-yell.

I lightly chuckled. "Hi baby. Why don't you get some sleep?"

"Nope. Not a shut eye until you get your sexy baseball butt over here. I want cuddles!" She drew the last part out like a five-year-old.

"Okay, I'm on my way. I'll be there in ten minutes."

"Yay! I love you Ethan poo! My baby boo!" She said in a sing-song voice. A small smile broke out on to my face as I started my car.

"I love you babydoll. I'll see you in a bit." She hung up the phone, leaving me to drive.

As soon as I set my phone down, it rang again, causing me to groan. I looked at who was calling and saw it was Drew. I contemplated accepting the call for a moment before tapping on the green circle.

"Hey man, what's up?" I asked.

"Ethan, dude, I got a girl pregnant." He said, sounding both nervous and frightened.

My eyes widened. Drew was seeing someone? And he didn't tell me?

"Woah, alright. Calm down. It'll be okay. I didn't know you were seeing someone." I told him, keeping my voice light, trying to help him calm down.

I bet he was freaking out. He was probably pacing around his room, tugging at his hair, and trying his hardest not to hit something. Drew always did this when we were kids.

"Oh, yeah. Her name is Lynne. She's amazing man. I wanted to tell you but I wasn't sure how serious it was going to be. Shit, what if I ruined her life? She had so many things going for her. I can't-"