25

Ethan's POV

It had been two days since Millie and I arrived in Colorado. She showed me around town and took my to some of her favorite food spots, and yes, we did even get ice cream, but other than that, we barely left the room. Scratch that, we barely left the bed.

It was around seven at night and Millie and I were currently eating dinner at an expensive, fancier restaurant. I had wanted to take her out on a nice date before everyone arrived tomorrow. She was dressed in a simple, white, off the shoulder blouse which was tucked into a dark pair of jeans matched with a dainty pair of black heels.

She managed to look beyond gorgeous in everything she wore.

"So, the games in two days. Are you guys ready?" Millie asked, moving her food around on her plate, searching for the perfect bite.

"I mean, I think we are. Everyone just has to stay up and stay on their toes." I told her, smiling to myself that she was interested in the game. She nodded and raised her eyebrows at me.

"How's your arm? I know it bothers you." She said with a frown.

I gently smiled at her. "I'm okay. It's just a little sore. Nothing that some ice and a nice massage wouldn't help."

She mirrored my smile and took another bite of her food. "Be careful, Ethan. Don't lose what you love doing by injuring yourself."

I nodded my head. "I know Mil, after the season is done with, I'll go get it checked out. I'm okay right now." I said curtly, not meaning to.

I just hated when the fact that I was potentially injured was brought up. Every athlete dreads the reality of an injury. Talking about it made me upset and quite frankly, I wasn't in the mood to deal with the thought of it.

I know Millie is only caring about me but I don't want to think of the slightest possibility that I wouldn't be able to play baseball anymore.

Millie stared at me for a moment, noticing my stiffness. She chewed the inside of her lip and rested her hand on top of mine for a moment before pulling it away. I tilted my head at her. "I'm not upset with you. Just the thought of losing baseball."

"I know bubs. I'm sorry."

I shook my head, smirked, and sent her wink. "You can make up for it later."

She let out a small laugh then huffed as she took one last bite of her food. I quirked an eyebrow in her direction, questioning what she was huffing about.

"It's so good but I'm getting so full." She said with a playfully pained expression. I gave a laugh and shook my head at her still almost full plate.

Millie was a weird eater. Some days she could clear out a whole fridge while other days she ate like a mouse. "Bring it back to the room." I told her.

She gave me a like that said 'no shit' and opened her mouth to say something but she cut herself off when her eyes locked on something in the distance behind me. I turned around and followed her gaze, my eyes landing on a woman who ironically looked like Millie next to a man that held a set of eyes exactly like Millie's.

I slowly connected the dots and turned to face Millie once again. "Hey, if you want, you can go wait by the front counter while I pay."

She shook her head. "No, I'm letting them ruin anything else for me. I want to enjoy a night out with my boyfriend so that's what I'm going to do."

My lips twitched up into a proud smile and I relaxed into my seat. It was so good to see that Millie was starting to live for herself rather than constantly worrying about what her parents might say about her.