22

(Please read the authors note at the end!)

Millie's POV

I was currently sitting outside of a dressing room in a bridal shop. It was Saturday which meant dress shopping with Kendra. She was determined to find the perfect dress today. She didn't want to go shopping anywhere else and she already had her bridesmaids dresses being sorted through as I sat here waiting.

The other two who were her bridesmaids, I had never met before. One was a spunky redhead, with light green eyes. Her name was Liana. The other one was a perky brunette that sported bright blue eyes and a perfect body whose name was, Veronica. I tried my hardest to make conversation with them but they weren't having it. So instead, I began to look around for a dress of my own. Kendra had allowed me to pick out a dress of my own as long as the color matched perfectly with the other two dresses.

I scanned through the lavender colored maid of honor dresses and picked up a few in my size as I went. I quickly snuck them into a dressing room and headed back out to wait with Kendra's other friends. I had wanted to try them on but I didn't want to take any of the attention away from Kendra.

"Oh my gosh." Kendra muttered before stepping out of the dressing room.

The dress she had on clung to her upper body, making her breasts unpleasantly higher than they needed to be and the gown part was ridiculously obnoxious with ruffles extending all the way down it. "I think it looks great on you!" Veronica chirped and Liana nodded her head in agreement.

Kendra looked at them like they were stupid before looking towards me. "Millie?"

I looked her up and down a second time and began to laugh. "Ken, take that hideous thing off. It doesn't suit you. It's not you." I told her honestly. She gave me a gentle smile before strutting back into the changing room. I collapsed down in one of the chairs, waiting for Kendra to emerge with another dress.

I closed my eyes for a moment, attending to relax due to the headache that was currently pounding away at my head when I felt eyes burning into the side of my head. I slowly opened my eyes back up and looked over at Veronica who was glaring at me. My eyebrows knitted together. "Is something wrong?" I asked her gently.

"Yeah! You don't say that to the bride to be. You're supposed to make her feel good about the things she's trying on." Veronica had whisper-yelled at me. I stared at her for a moment.

"No, I'm supposed to tell her my opinion. I've known that girl my whole damn life. I'm going, to be honest with her." I argued back.

"Whatever." She paused and muttered under her breath. "You could be less of a bitch about it."

I clenched my jaw and stood up. I walked over to her and stood directly in front of her, not letting out height difference intimidate me. "Look, Veronica, I'm sure you and Kendra are great friends. She and I are great friends too. Best friends. I'm going to tell her how it is so she looks and feels the best on her special day. If you don't appreciate the way her and I talk to one another, that's your own problem. But do not call me a bitch. I'm the furthest thing from it." I paused and lowered my voice because I could feel myself beginning to get angry and I didn't want to upset Kendra.

"For Kendra's sake, I'm going to be friendly with you. Whether or not you return it, I could care less. I'm here for Kendra and that's it." I turned away from her and say back down in my seat, waiting for Kendra to show us the rest of her dresses.

"Hey, Millie? Can you come in here and help me?" Kendra asked, popping her head through the door.

"Don't worry, I got it." Veronica said and gave me a fake smile.