14

Ethan's POV

My alarm rang loudly throughout the room, causing me to let out a groan against Millie's neck. I rolled over, hit snooze, and buried my head back into her neck, loving how she felt pressed against me. Yesterday, the two of us hung out in her room all day watching movies and I had ended up falling asleep over here.

I held her against me, pressing a soft kiss upon the crook of her neck. Her skin was so soft and smooth, yet cold. I pulled her closer to me, attempting to give her more of my body heat.

I don't think I had ever dreaded going to baseball practice. This was the first time I hadn't wanted to go. I didn't want to let Millie go. She was so peaceful, so relaxed, so perfect, and I just wanted to hold her. But, being the captain of the team, that means waking up at five in the morning and leaving your girlfriend to go practice until eight in the morning.

I gently pulled my arm out from under her, trying my best not to wake her up. I failed because she began to stir and her eyes slowly opened. Millie stared at me for a moment before stretching and looking at the time. "Bubs, why are you awake so early?"

Bubs? She had never called me that before. I softly smiled at her sleepy state and kissed her forehead. "I've got to go to practice, you go back to sleep." I whispered. Millie let out a big yawn before nuzzling back into the pillows where I had been laying. I lightly chuckled and mimicked her yawn as I bent down and placed another kiss against her soft skin, except this time it was to her nose. I so badly wanted to kiss her lips but I kept myself from doing so.

"I'll see you later." I told her. She gave a small groan and pulled the blanket closer to her chest.

"Do you have to go?" She asked groggily, her eyes still closed. Her eyebrows then furrowed. "Of course you have to go. You love baseball. Do great. Have fun." She said with a sleepy voice. My heart warmed at her support. Millie then let out a soft snore. I chuckled and gathered my stuff before heading out to my car.

As I drove, I realized that all we would be doing today is watching film from our game. I let out a loud sigh as I turned into the parking lot of the school. I saw Elijah walking up, his head dropping, shoulders down, and feet seeming to drag behind him. This made me laugh. Elijah was never one for early mornings. "Good morning, you big ball of sunshine." I said to him when I got out of my car.

"Hardy har." He said in a sarcastic tone while flipping me off. I did a light jog so I could catch up to him. "I bet you were the big ball of sunshine since you got to wake up next to your precious girlfriend."

A soft smile made its way on to my face. "I sure did. I didn't want to leave her this morning."

He gave a weak chuckle. "Awe, you do have a heart. Anyways, last night, I found my girl with another dude, in my own bed."

Damn. "I'm sorry man. That's terrible."

"Yeah, and you'll never guess with who." He said with a scoff. I bet I could easily guess but I decided against saying anything and I let him speak. "It was Leo."

I knew it. "I don't know what to say, except that he is a douche bag."

It was the truth, I truly didn't know what to say. For girls, it was different because they could just hug each other and watch corny chic flicks. Us dudes though, for some reason we were wired to not feel the need to hug one another when things get bad. We tend to keep to ourselves and only share some information rather than all of what's going on.

As Elijah and I walked into the lecture hall, full of desks, and a projector set up, I saw my coach standing, conversing with one of the freshmen. I took a seat next to Drew, and Elijah took a seat next to me. Leo walked into the room and made eye contact with Elijah. His eyes looked so full of regret and sorrow. Elijah didn't say anything, he just sat there with his jaw clenched. I gave his shoulder two pats cussing him to relax as Elijah took a seat behind us instead of next to us like he normally did.