s i x

"I don't know what his problem with me is" Yeri sighed heavily, fisting the skirt of her dress while avoiding Hoseok's gaze, that was trained on her. He looked worried, his lips pressed into a thin line. "He will come around eventually. Do you want me to talk to him, princess?" His offer was nice, but Yeri still shook her head wildly. 

"No no, it's fine. He will think I'm a coward and will get mad at you too" she muttered, offering him a weak smile to try to convince him. Hoseok's brows furrowed even deeper, but he didn't say anything else. He just nodded. "If you need someone to talk to, I will always be here, princess" he added after a few more minutes and a small smile crept on Yeri's lips. "I know, my knight in shining armor" she joked and Hoseok chuckled as well. 

Hoseok accompanied her to the stables, where she immediately entered Nix' stable, the stallion greeting her happily. Yeri smiled instantly at his kind eyes and began to brush his white mane. The stallion was perfectly still, while the princess groomed him, only occasionally moving to poke her with his nose sweetly. 

"-so cold!" Suddenly a deep male voice reached her ears from outside and Yeri halted all movements. "I care so much about you, do everything to make you happy, but you don't seem to care at all about me!" The voice sounded hurt and a little desperate and after another minute, Yeri could identify it as Taehyung's. "You never ask how I am, never even talk to me first! Do I really mean nothing to you? Are you really that selfish?" he asked again, sounding angrier and angrier. 

Yeri could not make out the voice of the other person, but if Tae's voice was anything to go by, it wasn't anything good. "Why do you even keep me around? Can't you just say that you don't want me, so I can finally move on and leave?" Taehyung must've really worked himself up because suddenly there was a loud pop and the light bulbs in the stables exploded, leaving Yeri in darkness. Surprised, she let out a little gasp and fisted Nix' mane in her hands. 

Tae stormed by her box, hair falling over his eyes, expression unreadable. Yeri watched him leave, a big frown on her lips. Taehyung always seemed rather cold and emotionless to her, he never really talked much and was always calm, so seeing him so emotional and hurt really surprised her. The princess took another minute before she slowly exited the stables, Taehyung and the mystery person were nowhere in sight. 

When Yeri returned to her chambers, she could smell strangely sweet smoke wafting down the halls. She paused in her tracks, trying to think of what this weird smell could be. Only then did she notice the grey smoke wafting from under the door of her chambers. The princess broke into a sprint and when she opened the door, the first thing she noticed was the prince standing in the middle of the room. 

He had one of her beloved roses in his hand, calmly watching it burn before he let the ashes fall to the ground and plucking another one. "What are you doing?" she screeched, running to the boy, almost tripping over the skirt of her dress. The prince calmly turned to her, his eyes emotionless as he watched her. 

"We have a garden, I don't appreciate you dirtying my castle with your dirty flowers" he replied emotionlessly as another rose turned to dust. Yeri knew that this wasn't the real reason, her flowers were well groomed and every leaf that fell to the ground was swept away by herself. Her flowers weren't in the way of anybody, the young prince had no reason to want them gone. 

"Stop it!" the girl almost sobbed, just standing there like a deer caught in headlights. He was burning the flowers that her mother made with her. The last souvenir of her. Tears sprung to her eyes, as she looked at them. She probably would never see her mother again and Jungkook took her last gift away now. Jungkook was just reaching for the last flower when she finally found the strength to move again. 

Before he could pluck it and take them all away, she snatched it away, pricking herself on the thorns. She clutched the flower in a vice grip, blood slowly running down her fingers and dripping to the white marble floor in little drips. Tears were running down her cheeks now as well, slowly disappearing in her cleavage. Jungkook looked taken aback by her action. "What have my flowers ever done to you?" She thrust the little pink rose into his face and he stumbled back, the confusion quickly turning into hot anger. 

"What have I ever done to you? Do you think I like it here? I know you hate me but there is nothing we can do about it! You are acting so immature about this situation and I am fed up with it! What is your problem, Jungkook? Why is it, that those flowers anger the mighty fire prince so much?" He gritted his teeth, heat rolling off him in waves. 

"Shut up" he growled lowly, his shaking, but Yeri did not listen, the tears kept flowing and her rant didn't stop. "No, I'm not shutting up! What have these flowers done to you? What have I done to make you hate me so much? Why are you so awful-" She could not say more before a loud 'Shut up!' interrupted her. 

Jungkook finally snapped, fire engulfing his whole arm, as he slapped the flower out of the girl's hand. It immediately caught fire and so did the sleeve of her dress. The girl screamed, letting go of the flower and trying to put out the fire that climbed up the sleeve of her dress. Jungkook watched frozen in shock as Yeri stumbled away from him, pained cries leaving her lips as she cradled the flaming red hand to her chest. 

It took a few nightmarish seconds until he could breathe and move again, stumbling away on shaking legs, his back hitting the wall with a thud. "I-I didn't mean to-" his words were merely a whisper as he looked at the injured girl on the floor. "You are a monster. I hate you." The words were only whispered, but they seemed to echo in Jungkook's head. 

Monster. Monster. Monster. 

He fled the scene immediately, trying to steady his breathing again. Somehow he ended up in the gardens amidst the roses he started to hate so much and suddenly the tears started flowing. He never meant to actually hurt her and now her crying face was forever burned into his memory. He really fucked up badly. 

Another unedited chapter, yay! Sorry for always making you wait so long between updates ^^ I have been dealing with some personal stuff over the last weeks and school is also a real pain in the butt, so I'm sorry I took so long. I'll try to update more regularly from now on :3 I love you guys~ See you soon!