t e n

"I beg you, please don't slap the shit out of me in front of the thousands of people here" he whispered to Yeri shakily, the princess just staring at him in confusion. "Slap you? Wha-" she couldn't finish her sentence because the prince shut her up in the most beautiful of ways anyone could imagine. With both hands on her cheeks, he leaned in to gently but firmly press his lips against her soft ones. 

Yeri froze immediately, unable to move her lips against his, her eyes wide open while his were scrunched shut in anxiety. The crowd was going hysteric in the background and inside Jungkook felt the same. He just sincerely hoped she wouldn't slap him as soon as he pulled back. He relaxed a little, eyes still closed as he pulled back, but was caught off guard as warm hands suddenly pulled him in again, lips touching his once again. Lips that were actually responding now. 

He unconsciously leaned into the kiss, his hands falling to her waist and his lips hesitantly moving with hers, both too shy to really keep the kiss going. Yeri moved away first this time, blinking her eyes dazedly and staring deep into the prince's eyes when he opened his as well.   "I-" he muttered, not even sure what he wanted to say, but Yeri beat him to it. 

"I know it didn't mean anything" she whispered, a small smile on her lips that didn't really reach her eyes. He swallowed forcefully. "Yes, right" he muttered, looking at his father next. The king stood proudly next to his mother, nodding curtly at his son, the only praise he would hear from him. The crowd was still going wild over the unexpected kiss, already praising the young princess as their future queen. Yeri smiled stiffly at them. 

***

"And then I just kissed her" Jungkook shrugged with his shoulders, leaning against the stable doors, the stable boy Jimin just staring at him with a gaping mouth. "You did?" The prince ruffled his hair, looking at the ground shyly. "I had no choice did I?" The smaller boy nudged his shoulder playfully. "Did you like it?" "Like what?" Jimin rolled his eyes. "Kissing her, silly" he muttered and Jungkook furrowed his brows. "I was anxious as fuck, kissing her in front of all those people" he elaborated. "Yes, but like how did you like it?" 

"Her lips are very soft. Her hands are too" the prince finally muttered, a little embarrassed. "So you wanna kiss her again?" Jimin leaned closer eagerly. He was a sucker for romantic stories, always had been. "I will have to eventually, but I don't think she would enjoy that very much" Jungkook answered with a firm voice. "Why? Did she not kiss back? What happened after you leaned in?" Jimin continued eagerly. "Well, I wanted to pull back, but she kissed me the next second" the prince informed with a soft blush forming on his cheeks. 

"She did?! Oh, my god, this is so romantic!" the blonde boy cooed softly, but Jungkook shook his head in denial. "No, this certainly isn't romantic! I kissed her because that was my father expected from me and she hates me!" Jimin's smile fell at the prince's harsh tone and he looked almost scared of the young prince. Just at this moment, Yoongi walked into the stable. "Jimin I-" when he saw the situation he just walked in on, Yoongi stayed rooted to the spot. "Is there a problem, your highness?" he asked the distressed prince politely, but Jungkook just shook his head. "No, everything's fine. Thank you for listening to me rant, Jimin" he muttered, then he breezed past the two and excited the stables. 

***

"He kissed me, Hobi" the princess confided in the head guard as they were sitting in the gardens again. Hoseok looked really surprised at that news, his brows raised and eyes big as saucers. "H-he really did? Oh wow," he muttered, swallowing hard. "And how did you react? There were a lot of eyes on you, I can imagine" he muttered, eyeing the ring on her fourth finger once again, just like he did for the whole meeting. "I was frozen in shock of course. He almost pleaded that I wouldn't punch the shit out of him before he kissed me. Just imagine how confused I was" she mumbled, caressing the delicate petals of the yellow rose she had bloomed. 

"But then I just sorta kissed him back" she announced, shrugging her shoulders as if this wasn't a big deal, although she very much knew that this was a huge deal. "You did?" Hoseok asked again, leaning away a bit to get a better glimpse of her face if she maybe was joking. "I panicked when he began to pull away because I hadn't kissed him back when everybody in this whole kingdom was staring at us!" the girl defended herself, willing the blush on her cheeks to go away, but to no avail. 

"Did you like kissing him?" Hobi then asked her, also staring at the rose in her hands now. "I don't know. H-he was very warm" she whispered, deep in thought. "It wasn't a scary heat like on that day, it was just comforting I guess. His lips were very gentle and he held me like I was a porcelain doll, almost hesitantly, shyly." Hobi swallowed back his comment of how in love that sounded and just laughed a little. 

"But it doesn't matter because that kiss was for the audience and not for me. He doesn't feel anything but hatred towards me and he never will feel different" the princess spoke calmly, then she excused herself to her chambers, leaving Hoseok alone in the grass, staring at the yellow rose. Only seconds later the prince stormed past, halting for a second to look at the headguard. "Have you seen the princess, hyung?" he asked him and Hoseok pointed in the direction she just left. 

"Sure, his feelings would never change" he muttered under his breath, a sad smile on his face, as he watched the prince's retreating back. He lazily plucked the yellow rose, savoring the sweet smell as he walked away. 

I updated because I felt inspired today. There isn't much to say right now, so uh- I hope you enjoyed the chapter, please comment and vote if you did and always remember that I love you all very much, my dear readers :D See you soon, bu-bye!