f o u r t e e n

"I am nervous" Yeri mumbled, fiddling with the soft material of her dress, eyes downcast. Behind the doors, she could already hear chatter and live music, the violin floating beautifully through the room. "There is no need to be nervous, my love" Jungkook mumbled with his melodious voice, lifting her chin with his finger, so she would look at him. "If anyone would have a reason to be nervous, it would be me. I'm meeting your parents for the first time today" he smiled reassuringly, squeezing her hand softly. 

"You're right. This is just another ball" she muttered, still flipping out on the inside because no, this wasn't an ordinary ball! This was her fricking engagement announcement to the whole kingdom and beyond! Her parents were waiting behind that door as well, meeting her for the first time in what felt like forever! "Are you ready, my love?" Jungkook asked her softly, kissing her cheek softly to soothe her anxiety. Yeri was not ready at all for what was about to come, but neither was Jungkook. Still, she nodded and he opened the grand door to the ballroom, all eyes on them in an instant. 

All conversation died down, as the prince and princess made their way down the steps and into the grand room, her hand looped through his arm. He held her steady so she wouldn't trip, Jungkook's proximity calming the princess a little. "Time for the speech" Jungkook mumbled into her hair, as they made it to the king and queen. Jungkook's voice, as he addressed the crowd, drowned into simple background noises, as Yeri met her mother's gaze. She was smiling at her with tears in her eyes and Yeri found herself unable not to tear up the slightest bit too. 

The loud clapping and kiss on her cheek snapped her out of her staring, turning to Jungkook who had just finished his speech. He was smiling at her warmly, his eyes sparkling like a whole galaxy as they were fixed on her. His gaze so incredibly fond. Never in a million years had Yeri thought he would ever look at her like that, but here he was, his thumb stroking the back of her hand adoringly and he loved her. And she loved him. 

It took a while until Yeri and Jungkook were released from the throng of congratulators, finally being able to make their way over to Yeri's parents. She was so eager to introduce them to Jungkook officially, but the poor boy was taken from her side once again, just when they were about to reach her parents. "Sorry, love, I'll be right back" he promised with a smile, as another royal looking boy kidnapped him with a grin. "Yugyeom stop tugging at my sleeve!" were the last words she heard from her fiance before he disappeared from her eyes. 

"Did you already lose your boy, sweetheart?" her mother asked her with a small chuckle when Yeri stopped in front of them. "It seems like it, doesn't it?" Yeri smiled right back, hugging her mother and father happily. "It's great to see you again, darling" her father smiled, but somehow the little crinkle above his eyebrows, that usually indicated that he was worried about something, did not go away. "Is he making you happy, my little girl? Does he treat you right?" her mother asked again, stroking Yeri's cheek with the biggest smile. 

The question was totally self-explanatory if you even looked at the couple for more than a second, but it was still heartwarming to the princess. "I am happy, eomma" she mumbled. "I even got two proposals because he kinda fucked the first one up" she joked and her mother looked delighted. "What a sweet boy!" she gushed, looking at her husband for confirmation. The king looked stoic, but there was a soft gleam in his eyes when he looked at his daughter. Sweetheart, I have heard things about the temperament people with Jungkook's gift can have, he is calm around you, right?" 

That was an oddly specific question and Yeri was taken aback at first, looking at her father nervously. "I am fine, father" she emphasized again. They stared at each other for a while until the king's shoulders drooped in relief, the tension leaving his face. "Okay, I'm glad" he muttered with a small smile and even the queen and princess relaxed visibly now. "Now you have to show me that ring of yours, my child!" Yeri's mother was right back to gushing happily as if the intense staredown had not happened a second ago. 

Yeri smiled, showing her mother the ring Jungkook had given her twice, the woman gasping in awe as she saw the beautiful design. Their euphoria was cut short, however, because suddenly her father grabbed her other hand harshly and pulled it to his face. His eyes were focused on the slight discoloration the burn caused still, although Yeri had gotten treatment for it and it was already infinitely better. "Did he do this?" her father hissed, his eyes cold and hard. Yeri immediately retracted her hand, clutching it to her chest. "It was an accident! He didn't mean to!" Yeri cried, although it was a lie. "That guy was right about the royal family" her father growled and Jungkook just chose the perfect time to come back to them, reading the tension wrong and putting an arm around Yeri to kiss her cheek. 

A sudden gush of wind knocked him right off, Yeri looking at her father in shock. Jungkook stumbled, falling on his butt and looking at the family in confusion, round doe eyes swimming with worry as he looked at Yeri. "Don't you dare touch my daughter again!" he seethed at Jungkook, who had gotten back to his feet in the meantime. "What's going on, love?" Jungkook asked softly, looking at Yeri with panic boiling up in him, heat already radiating from his body. She wanted to walk over to him but was grabbed by her father at the first step in his direction. 

"I should've known, you and your son were monsters! This wedding is annulled" and with those words, he harshly pulled Yeri to his side, the girl stumbling but being steadied by her mother, who looked shocked. Yeri watched in horror as her father drew his sword, that he had for ceremonial purposes only and pointed it at the prince and king. 

"I declare war."

Would you look at that? I finally managed to update! (and that has totally nothing to do with the fact that I finally figured out the ending, noooo). You thought the hardships are over? No, it's only now starting my lovelies~ See you in the next update, love you!

Oh, I also made an insta account purely for my wattpad, so I would really appreciate it, if you would check it out and maybe follow. I plan to do sneak peeks there, infos about future works and also polls were you can decide what you wanna see me write! My stories would be so much more interactive and I think that would be a quite cool thing to do, Idk ^^ 

@/honeygguksie ! Please check it out!