m e m o r i e s

"Stop it! You're a monster! Let me go!" a female voice cried through the heavy oak doors, on the other side a little dark-haired boy with his big doe eyes widened in fear and a bright red pacifier in his mouth to stop the trembling of his small lips. After some time the screaming and crying stopped and a few seconds later the door opened outward, a strong hand pushing the little boy to the side. Jungkook fell on his bottom with a gasp. 

He looked up with tearful eyes to meet his father's gaze. There was a certain tenderness in his eyes that felt almost alien to the little boy. The king crouched down to be at eye level with his son and then plucked the red pacifier from his lips. "You're already four years old, Jungkook. You are a man now, you don't need this stupid thing anymore, your teeth will become bad" he educated the toddler, then he walked away, leaving his son by the door. 

The little boy was still frozen a long time after his father left, only then he stood up on wobbling legs again and wobble-ran into the room to find his mother. "Eomma!" he cried in relief, as he found his mother sitting on the floor, the upper half of her dress torn or burnt away, he couldn't really tell. Her delicate and fair skin was flaming red and raw looking. Jungkook stared in childish fascination, but judging from his mother's tears and cries of pain, he knew that this was something bad. 

"Eomma... Are you okay?" he asked softly and searched for his mother's gaze. She looked up slowly, a very weak and pained smile settling on her face. "I'm perfect, sweetheart. I'm fine" she answered in an exhausted tone, but she was shaking badly. "Does it hurt?" the little boy asked again, his eyes full of curiosity and worry. "Did Appa do this?" He tried to touch the burning red skin, but as soon as his fingertips found his mother's skin, she started screaming in pain and tried to crawl away from his chubby fingers. 

It was an immediate reaction, Jungkook's eyes widened, his hand flinched away like he was the one who was burnt and then he was crying. Full on crying like he hadn't since he was two and a half years old. When his father started to scold him when he shed tears. "Real men don't cry, Jungkook! You are a real man, a prince! You should never let anyone see that you are weak!" 

"Eomma!" he wailed and immediately moved closer to his parent, seeking comfort. His mother looked almost scared, as she thrust out a hand to stop the toddler from advancing. "Jungkook! You have to calm down, your clothes are smoking already!" He stopped, sniffling and confused. "Jungkook you have to control your emotions. Your gift is dangerous, you can't touch me right now, you will hurt me like Appa did, okay?" she was speaking very slowly and gently, but Jungkook still felt like she kicked him in his tiny chubby stomach. 

"Are you afraid I'll hurt you, Eomma? Am I like Appa?" his eyes desperately pleaded for a denial from his mother. "You have your father's ability, Jungkook. You can't allow yourself to lose your temper or you'll seriously hurt someone." The little boy's eyes hardened and he furiously started to wipe his eyes. Princes aren't supposed to cry. His mother started trying to cool her wounds with her water abilities, not paying attention to her youngest son anymore. 

"I'll get Seokjinne-hyung for you" he muttered weakly, forcing his high baby voice to come out level and not like he had been crying second before. That day, Jungkook started to hate his father and his abilities. He swore himself to never use them to hurt another innocent person. That day, four-year-old baby prince Jungkook learned to hate himself. 

Another update! Surprise :D It's not really a full chapter, more like an interlude...? Idk if that made sense lmao sorry ^^ Anyway, see you soon! Don't forget to like and/or comment! Love you, guys~