The Beginning of a New Family Chapter 2

October 17th

--------Karin's POV--------

When Dad was done cleaning up Matsuo, he handed her to me. "I am so happy for you, Karin and Toshiro," he said to both of us. Toshiro and I both nodded as we looked at our daughter.

When I got a look at her, she looked as healthy as I could have ever imagined. "Toshiro, Matsuo is more beautiful than I could have ever imagined," I told him.

Toshiro smiled as he grabbed her hand. "Welcome to our family, Matsuo Riane Hitsugaya," he said to her as she opened her eyes. What I saw didn't surprise me. Matsuo had her father's eyes.

"Well, look at that, Toshiro," I began. "She has your eyes." His smile grew wider as I said that to him.

I decided that I should get some sleep, so I said, "Here, Toshiro. You can take her. I want some sleep."

Toshiro gladly took Matsuo as I drifted off to sleep.

--------Toshiro's POV--------

After I grabbed Matsuo, Karin lied back and went to sleep.

I decided to walk around the room while my daughter also drifted off to sleep.

Once she fell back asleep, there was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said loud enough for the person to hear, but not loud enough to wake up Matsuo or Karin.

Walking in the room was Momo. I was surprised that she would be the first one to visit, but glad that she was the first one to show up.

"Hey, Shiro," she said to me. I sighed in anger when she called me Shiro.

"Momo, how many times have I told you to either call me Toshiro or Captain Hitsugaya?" I ask her.

Momo pouted at me before saying, "OK, Toshiro, I came by to see your little girl. Isshin told me that Karin gave birth."

I smiled at her before I asked, "Do you want to hold her?" Momo nodded and I handed Matsuo over to her.

Luckily, she continued to sleep. When Momo got a good look at her, she began to ask me some questions.

"Whose eyes does she have?"

"Mine"

"Whose hair does she have?"

"Karin's"

"What is her name?"

"Matsuo Riane Hitsugaya"

"That is a nice name"

"Karin chose the first name and I chose the middle name"

"Why Riane though?"

"I thought it would be nice for her to have a simple middle name"

Momo took anther look at Matsuo, then said to me, "Here, you can take her back. You areher dad."

I chuckled a little as I took her back. Now she was starting to wake up.

I was scared that sh would cry, but she just opened her eyes an stared at me. She smiled at me as I smiled back.

I was paying so much attention to Matsuo, that I didn't notice when Ichigo and Rukia came in the room, and Momo left.

"Hey, Toshiro," Ichigo said.

I got mad at Ichigo because he wasn't really quiet with his greeting. "Be quiet, Ichigo. Can't you see that Karin is sleeping," I said to him a little louder than I should have.

Rukia looked at me with the look that said 'seriously.' I immediately knew what that meant and lowered my voice.

"So, this is my niece?" Ichigo asked.

TOTHE NEXT PART