The Beginning of a New Family Chapter 7

--------Toshiro's POV--------

-Flashback-

After I finished changing Matsuo's diaper, I felt a strange spiritual pressure.

I gazed out of the window and found an arrancar outside of the house.

I knew who this arrancar was. It was Ulquiorra Chifer. This was the fourth Espada.

I knew that there was no way I could defeat him by myself. Feeling scared for my daughter, I grabbed her and ran down stairs.

-Flashback End-

When I reached Karin, Ichigo and Rukia, I was out of breath.

Karin grabbed Matsuo form my arms and said, "What is it, Toshiro?"

"We have to get out of here, now!" I screamed at the group.

Without any more discussion, we all ran out of the house with me leading the way.

While we were running, I felt Ulquiorra's spiritual pressure nearby.

Fearing for Karin and Matsuo, who have no abilities, I stopped the group.

"What's wrong, Toshiro?" Karin asked me as Matsuo began to cry.

"Karin, I want you to go to Kisuke's shop. Hurry, and don't look back," I told her. Karin nodded and left for the shop.

"Ichigo, Rukia, you two help me get rid of Ulquiorra. I don't want him anywhere near my family," I told them. They nodded and we all quickly changed into our Soul Reaper forms.

--------Karin's POV--------

Once I reached Urahara's shop, Matsuo was screaming as loud as she possibly could. "Sh, Matsuo. You're OK. Daddy is OK. He will be back soon."

Once I spoke those words, she looked up at me like she was asking me if I was sure that Toshiro would be fine. "Daddy will be fine. He will never leave you forever."

After that, her tears were gone.

"Hey, Karin. I wasn't expecting to see you today. Do you need to use my Senkaimon to see Captain Unohana?" I heard Kisuke ask me.

"No. Toshiro told me to take Matsuo here. I have no clue why, though," I told the shop keeper.

"Well, have you been to Unohana lately?" Kisuke asked me.

"No. Come to think of it. Today is the day I need to take Matsuo to see her," I remembered.

"Well, do you want to go ahead and go?" he asked me.

"No, I should wait for Toshiro," I said to him. Then Kisuke held out him arms, wanting to hold Matsuo. I didn't name him Matsuo's godfather for nothing.

I handed him my daughter. Then I felt Toshiro's spiritual pressure drop suddenly.

"Kisuke," I began. "Take care of Matsuo. I have to go see what is going on with my husband." Kisuke nodded, and I took off.

TO THE NEXT PART