The Beginning of a New Family Chapter 9

--------Karin's POV --------

When Toshiro and I reached Ichigo and Rukia, Ulquiorra was no where to be found.

"Did you take care of Ulquiorra, Ichigo?" Toshiro asked my brother.

"Yeah. He was pretty badly wounded after I used my hollowfication while I was in my Bankai. I decided that I shouldn't just let him die a slow and painful death, so I used my Getsuga Tenshow to just kill him quickly," Ichigo explained to all of us.

"Alright. We got rid of this person known as Ulquiorra. Can we please go back to Kisuke's so I can pick up Matsuo?" I asked. I have never left Kisuke with Matsuo ever. The whole situation with having to leave my daughter with that man somehow scared me.

"OK, Karin. We can go pick her up now," Toshiro said as he put an arm around my waist.

"Thanks, Toshiro," I said as we all began to walk to the shop.

--------Toshiro's POV--------

When we reached Kisuke's shop, we spotted Kisuke with Matsuo in his arms.

--------Kisuke's POV--------

I knew that all of them were behind me, I could feel their spiritual pressure, but I didn't care. I continued with what I was occupied with, which was Matsuo.

I saw in her eyes that she was about to cry. Not caring if anyone saw me, I did what I knew would calm her down, and get her to sleep, I sang her a lullaby.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high

There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue

And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly

Birds fly over the rainbow

Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly

Beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why, can't I?

I remember Yoruichi singing this exact lullaby to a little girl that we found in the Rukongai.

When I finished the song, Matsuo was fast asleep in my arms.

"Nice job, Kisuke," I heard Captain Hitsugaya behind me say.

"With what? That I managed to put a little three-month-old little girl to sleep without hurting her?" I asked.

"No," he began. "The fact that you knew a very sweet lullaby." I then noticed that he had a smile on his face.

"Well," I began. "I will let you guys take Matsuo back home. I am sure when she wakes up, she wants to be in her own house." I handed Toshiro his little girl, and they left to go home.

TO THE NEXT PART