The Beginning of a New Family Chapter 14

--------Karin's POV--------

I knew that what Toshiro said was true. I would get mad at him if he made Matsuo cry.

"Any way, is that all you two came here for?" I asked Ichigo and Rukia.

"Yeah, I guess that is all. I guess Ichigo and I should get going now. We still have a lot of stuff we need to get ready for the wedding, although it is in six months," Rukia said to us.

"Alright, see you guys later," Toshiro said to the engaged couple as the left.

--------Toshiro's POV--------

Once both of the Soul Reapers were out of the house, I proceeded to Matsuo's room and put her in her crib.

I noticed that Karin had followed me the whole way to our daughter's bedroom. "Are you sure you can trust me with our daughter," I said to Karin when we were back in the living room.

"Yeah, I know I can trust you. I just feel like I should be right there with every movement of my daughter. I don't want to be one of those parents that doesn't care about her child," she said as she came up to me and gave me a hug.

"You know you have to let go at some point, right? You can''t be with her when she goes to school, on her first date, when she goes on her honeymoon, or when her own daughter or son speaks their first word," I tell her.

"I know. I just don't want to let her go just yet," my wife said to me.

"What ever makes you happy. Hey, why don't we watch a movie while Matsuo sleeps?" I ask Karin. She nodded and she turned on a movie.

When I saw what movie she chose, I said, "Are you serious?"

"What?" she began. "It is just The Ring."

"Yeah, remember when we watched that when your family got into that accident?" I ask Karin.

"I remember. I think I can handle it this time," Karin said back to me.

"Alright, but if you scream for me to turn it off once, I will turn it off," I told her.

Apparently, my threat was very convincing. Not once did Karin say to turn it off. When the movie was finally over, I took a look at Karin. I saw in her eyes some confusion

"What's wrong, Karin? You look confused," I told her.

"I was not scared at all. I mean, I don't know why I was so scared of the movie before," she admitted.

"Now that you ention it, I did notice that you didn't shake as much as when you first saw it. You did, however, still cling to me as much as you did before," I told her jokingly.

"I DID NOT CLING TO YOU!" she screamed at me.

"Yes you did. Now calm down before you wake up Matsuo, again," I said to Karin.

"Your right," she said as she put on another movie.

"Another movie?" I ask her.

"Don't worry. It is not a scary movie this time," Karin told me. "It is called Flowers in the Attic."

TO THE NEXT PART