The Beginning of a New Family Chapter 12

--------Karin's POV--------

I don't know why, but I bolted up from my slumber and screamed for Toshiro.

--------Toshiro's POV--------

I ran to my wife's side with my daughter after I heard her scream. "What's wrong, Karin?" I asked her.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said, "I don't know what is wrong. For some reason, I woke up and felt like I needed you by my side."

I looked at Karin with worry in my eyes. "It is OK, Karin. You have to know that I will always be here for you," I told her.

That is when I noticed that Matsuo was reaching for her mother. "Here, Karin, I think your only daughter wants you to hold her," I said to her as I handed my daughter to her.

"Hey, little one," I heard Karin whisper to black-haired baby.

That little sentence caused both me and Matsuo to have slight grins on our faces.

"Toshiro," Karin began. I looked at her. "I love the fact that our daughter has your eyes. It makes me feel like you are always here, even when you are back in the Soul Society."

Right after the words 'Soul Society' were spoken, I got a call on my Soul Pager. I didn't want to worry Karin, so I left and took the phone call out into the hallway.

--------Karin's POV--------

When Toshiro got a call on his pager, he went out into the hallway. I knew that it was because it was part of the job. I believed that he just didn't want to worry me with what was going on in the Sereitei.

I continued to play with my little girl. I sat her down on the bed and tickled her belly. She began to laugh as if she heard the funniest joke ever.

About five minutes after I started to tickle her, I heard her try to say something.

"Sop," is what I heard her say. I wasn't sure if it was baby talk, or if she tried to speak.

"What did you say, Matsuo?" I asked her.

"St-stop," she repeated. My eyes widened at the realization at what she said.

"Did you just say 'stop?'" I asked my daughter. She nodded her head in response.

After Matsuo nodded, Toshiro walked into the room. "Guess what, Toshiro!" I said to him.

"What," Toshiro said.

"Matsuo just spoke her first word!" I screamed as I jumped up to give him a big hug.

"Wh-what?" he asked.

"You heard me. Matsuo just said her first word," I repeated.

"What did she say?" he asked in excitement.

"She said 'stop!'" I said as I hugged him even tighter.

Once I let go of him, Toshiro went over to our daughter and picked her up. "My daddy's girl is growing up so fast," he said to her. Then he gave her a hug.

TO THE NEXT PART