The Beginning of a New Family Chapter 3

--------Ichigo's POV--------

"So, this is my niece?" I asked Toshiro. He nodded as he took another look at his daughter.

"Isn't she so precious. Karin and I couldn't be any luckier," Toshiro said to us as he smiled at her.

"What is her name?" I asked the white-haired man.

He smiled at me before saying, "Matsuo Riane Hitsugaya. That is her name."

--------Toshiro's POV--------

I smiled at Ichigo as I told him her name, "Matsuo Riane Hitsugaya. That is her name."

Rukia smiled at me before she said, "That is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." My smile grew bigger after Rukia complimented her name.

I walked over to Rukia as I said, "Do you want to hold her, Rukia?"

Her eyes glistened as she asked, "May I?" I nodded and handed her Matsuo.

As I handed her off, Matsuo turned her head and looked right at Rukia. Once Rukia saw her eyes, she said, "Captain Hitsugaya, she has your eyes."

I laughed a little when she said that. "I know, Rukia. Karin commented on her eyes before she went to sleep."

As if she heard me say her name, Karin began to wake up.

--------Karin's POV--------

When I woke up, I saw Ichigo, Rukia, and Toshiro at the foot of my bed. I could see that Rukia was holding Matsuo.

I smiled at all of them as I sat up in my bed. "I see you two made it here to see Matsuo," I said to the two of them.

"Karin, Matsuo is beautiful," Rukia told me as she walked toward the right side of my bed.

"Thanks, Rukia," I said back to her. I then spotted Ichigo. He looked like he had something to tell me. "What is it, Ichigo?" I asked him.

"Toshiro, Rukia," Ichigo began. "Will you two leave me and Karin alone. There is something I need to talk to her about."

"Of course, Ichigo," Rukia said as she handed me Matsuo. Then her and Toshiro left the room.

"What is it, Ichigo?" I asked him as I held a smile.

"Karin, do you remember what I told you would never happen in a million years?" he asked me. I nodded, but I didn't know where he was going with this.

"Well, it seems as though it did happen within a million years," Ichigo told me. I wasn't really surprised. I knew it would happen sometime soon.

"So you and Rukia are dating, now?" I asked as I grabbed Matsuo's hand. He nodded before I said, "I knew it would happen."

"What are you talking about, Karin?" Ichigo asked me.

I sighed as I answered his question. "I was the one to ask you the question. I asked because I was curious about if you liked her. I just was curious if you were aware of your feelings for Rukia."

"I see. So, you were aware that I liked Rukia before I was?" he asked.

"Yes, Ichigo. Now don't go doing anything that will lead to this," I said to him as I slightly lifted up Matsuo.

He laughed as he said, "Normally the big brother says it to the little sister. Not the other way around." Ichigo looked at Matsuo as he said so.

She looked up at Ichigo withe the biggest smile on her face. "Can I hold her, Karin?" Ichigo asked me. I nodded as I handed off Matsuo.

When he looked into her eyes, it was like something inside him changed. "Karin, I always meant to tell you how proud I am of you. I am proud of you for finding a great husband and having a beautiful daughter."

Even though I have known Ichigo all of my life, I have never seen him act like this before. He has never said how proud of me he is.

Just then, Matsuo began to cry. "Here, Ichigo, give her to me," I told him. He nodded as he gave her back to me.

I took her in my arms and did what I knew would calm her down, I bounced her in my arms. To no surprise, she stopped crying once I bounced her.

Then Toshiro came into the room. "Is everything alright, Karin?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I have this under control. She just wanted to be bounced in her mother's arms," I said to him.

TO THE NEXT PART