16. Cold Camping

(A/N) I've finished planning out the chapters of this story, and it's gonna be great, anyway I'm really glad so many people are reading my story. Xx.
———

Life couldn't get much worse from how it was going. I now had to mentally and physically avoid Craig. My whole body went numb being in the same room as him. The only class I had with him, he usually spent all over Bebe. They could have been together for all I know.

I had placed myself so far away from everyone recently, it was like I wasn't there at all. Kenny noticed but there wasn't much he could do. Butters brought it up too, but he seem to have so much going on with himself, that I tried my best not to bother him with it. I made up excuses to everyone. I was feeling sick, or hadn't gotten enough sleep. Which were both true.

I felt so lonely even though I was surrounded by people every single day. I felt distant from them, and they all felt distant to me. I didn't want to bother them with how I felt, so I kept it all bottled up.

I spent the weeks trying to come to terms with being gay. And liking a boy who seemed homophobic. It wasn't easy, it only made me feel sadder. There was nothing I could do anymore to stop Craig from coming to my mind.

I didn't really try to stop it anymore, because the Craig in my head was sweet. Not sour, like the one in real life. I was starting to question if I wasn't falling for the 'thought' of Craig instead of Craig himself.

I felt like I was going crazy, and everyday felt bland. Even the bad days were Craig would flip me off from a distance we're better than nothing.

For the past few days, I had planned to run away. I even had a bag packed with a food and water. Along with a small tent and blanket I had stored underneath my bed.

I waited until Friday to set my plan into action. Instead of going to work, I ran home. My parents were both at the coffee shop, so leaving with a big bag on my back would go unnoticed.

I gathered up all my stuff and walked out of my house. From there, I walked to the other side of town, until I reached woods. My plan was to go to the look out that I had first met Craig at.

I didn't know exactly how to get there from here but I fearlessly walked into the woods anyway. I had nothing to loose anymore.

I had left my phone at home to make sure no one could track me, and now that the sun was starting to set I kinda regretted it. I had never fount the lookout point, but instead I came across a clear field of tall grass.

I set up camp there. It took me a while to get the tent to stay up, and by then it was already dark. I curled up in my blanket and quickly fell asleep. I was exhausted from all the walking around.

-

The next morning, I woke to the sound of my stomach growling at me. I turned up from my covers and stretched my arms out in front of me. My back was sore and my bones felt frozen. I unzipped my bag and grabbed out a granola bar.

I practically inhaled it. I sat back down in bed afterwards and covered myself back in my blanket. I had no reason to get up since my camp was set up here.

The break away from my normal day was well needed. I spent the day roaming around. It was pretty chilly.  I would probably catch a cold by the time anyone found me. If anyone was even looking...

I pretended to be king of the forest as I pranced around with a long stick in my hand.  I had nothing better to entertain me, and the day felt like it was lasting forever.

The woods and field were both pretty quite. There was no coffee out here, no school crowds, and no Craig. It was truly peaceful.

Around night time, I wandered back into my tent, and wrapped myself under my blanket again. I pondered staying out here until I died. It wouldn't be to bad. I'd probably die of starvation or frost bite if I did try and stay out here as long as I could.

Maybe I should go back? No. No one liked me back at home, or at least, Craig didn't. After a while of wondering what I'd do tomorrow, I drifted asleep.