-Chapter Two-

Seth

Goddess...she's beautiful.

My eyes flicker over the she-wolf in front of me, her sweet scent stirring my blood.

~Mate. Mine.~ Damien growls with me, both of us taking in her lithe body, her tan, gray and cream colored fur ruffled and soft. Fierce gold eyes gleam bright as she curls her lips back to show sharp teeth.

It's not until she crouches low, and an angry snarl leaves her muzzle that I realize my Beta and four other wolves are going into attack position.

Tyron, my Beta, moves first, and my mate wastes no time before tackling him to ground. Snarling and snapping at each other for a minute before my mate sinks her teeth into his leg, catching him off guard as she tosses him to the ground. The twins immediately go for it next, and that's what finally snaps me from my trance.

Fury floods my thoughts, and I let out a growl of my own. The members of my pack immediately halt their actions.

"That's enough!!" I order as I continue to move towards my mate. Her movements are cautious as she moves beside a red haired girl, keeping an untrusting eye on Tyron in general.

~Seth, they're rogues.~ Tyron informs me. I don't care.

~Mine.~

Confusion and surprise fill his thoughts.

~Which one?~

~The she-wolf that tossed your ass.~

~That's a she-wolf!?! I've never seen a female wolf this big!~

I grunt in response, though he does have a point. Our wolves vary in size, the stronger they are the taller they are. But even so, most she wolves run on the shorter side. My mate must be really strong, considering she is the same size as a Beta wolf that's easily 6 feet tall.

Seeming to feel my gaze, her head turns towards me, and our eyes lock. Her hackles lower a bit as she stares, her nostrils flaring as she inhales my scent. I watch as her eyes widen, desire, surprise, and confusion flicker through them rapidly. Why does she look so conflicted?

~Shift back, all of you. And put some clothes on, no flashing my mate.~

All of them duck behind the trees to shift and pull on some pants. Leaving me to stare at my mate and the red headed she wolf beside her. Running her fingers through the fur on her shoulder, I can't help but be jealous of the redhead. Damien is practically clawing at my chest to get out, wanting nothing more than to shift and rub our scent all over our mate.

Tyron and the others return quickly, observing the two girls carefully.

"I suppose we should start with introductions." I start, and the redhead steps forward, my mate moving with her, still on guard.

"My name is Adrienne, and this is my sister Katrina."

Katrina. Beautiful.

I clear my throat, looking at Tyron.

"I'm Beta Tyron, of Red Fang. And this is Alpha-"

"Seth." I interrupt him, staring directly at Katrina as I do. She shifts her body in an attempt to hide the shiver that rolls down her spine, and I can't help but smirk when she shifts her eyes away from mine nervously. She's craving closeness as well, which makes me even more impatient to touch her.

"I apologize for my Beta's actions, we've recently had some trouble with rogue attacks, so our pack is on high alert."

Adrienne shakes her head.