-Chapter Fourteen-

Katrina

Goddess help me, I'm actually about to die.

"Come on Kat, try this one on! It'll look great on you!" Adri pleads as she shoves a blue cocktail dress into my changing room, one look at the poofy thing and I already know I'm not gonna like it.

After I came back home to Seth, we had started lapsing back into our normal routine...except he was a bit more clingy. Not that I mind, I've been a bit clingy myself. So besides that, everything went back to normal...until Tyron reminded Seth that the Alpha Summit was less than two weeks away. That's when things started to get a bit hectic...

Who the Hell am I kidding? Everything went Hell in a hand-basket.

Seth had to start putting things together for our absence, especially since we needed to fly to get there. The summit itself is a two night event in Paris, and we'll be leaving a day early to have time to settle in, and we won't be coming back until at least two days after it ends because Seth wants to show me around the beautiful place, which means we will be gone for five days at minimum.

So, while Seth has been handling that, Adrienne and Tiana have been dragging me around for the last four days to try to find the 'perfect dress', searching through just about every boutique and clothing store they can find. The event is full formal, meaning dresses and suits...joy.

They've also coerced me into expanding my wardrobe, claiming I couldn't go to Paris with just T-shirts and flip flops. I've tried on so many clothes that I've probably worn enough outfits to last an entire year...and I've only kept about seven of them. Dress pants, capris, shorts,a pair of ruffled hem pencil skirts, dress shirts and layered sets. I admit they are very nice, but I'm still exhausted from it all. Goddess help me when it's time for the Summit.

"Kat? How does it fit?"

I haven't even tried it on, but I toss it over the door anyway.

"This is a no, put it back."

"Did you even try it on?"

"I don't like it, put it back."

She sighs in frustration before disappearing, no doubt muttering about how picky I am under her breath. It's not that I'm picky, it's just I like to be comfortable in what I'm wearing, I have no interest in wearing an outfit that suffocates me.

Or makes me feel like a clown.

The sound of my buzzing phone breaks me out of my thoughts, the name that appears on the text making me smile in relief. Seth.

S: Having fun Angel?

I roll my eyes, he knows I'm not.

K: No, please help, I need a break from playing the Barbie doll. 😓

S: I wish I could, but I'm trapped in a meeting. Trust me, I want to be with you as well.

K: le sigh...when will U be done?

S: depends, I have another conference call after this, so maybe three hours?

I sigh in resignation, he's been extremely busy these last few days, the only time we've seen each other is when we're both in bed...and that's very briefly. I understand that our absence will require extra work before we leave, but I still miss spending actual time with him. Maybe we'll get some privacy in Paris.

K: I miss you...

S: I know love, I miss you too...but I am going to make up for it very soon. I promise. 😘