-Chapter Twenty One-

Katrina

Fury.

It consumes all of my thoughts...I never thought I could feel this much bloodlust...I don't think I felt this much when Adrienne was nearly hurt when we were kids...it's like nothing could sate it until we see blood spill by our hands...until the cause of this bloodlust has lifeless eyes and a still heart...

It's like I've become a cannibal.

That should scare me, or at least worry me to an extreme degree...but I don't feel anything but the anger...somehow that's more terrifying to me...at least...it should be...

When the pack doctors arrived to take care of my bleeding mate, it took them all and two of the warriors to pry me away from him...his body is almost lifeless, with only the shallow rise and fall of his blood stained chest indicating his heart is still beating...

Time seems to slow down...with my ears filled with the dull beat of my own heart, and my eyes focused on either Seth or his blood covering my hands and arms...I don't really notice the words of anyone around me until a familiar groan of pain comes from behind me...and time suddenly returns to normal.

Two warriors head towards the mongrel lying on the ground, the infamous Alpha somehow staying alive despite the fact that I nearly ripped his throat out...he doesn't know when to die...does he?

That's when the rage began to boil in my blood, the rage that started when the feeling of that silver bullet ripping through Seth's body seemed to burn just as painfully above my heart as well...that made me instinctively shift and barrel out the door and into that sick bastard as he stood over Seth in preparation to kill him...

The same rage that's only grown stronger after Seth slipped into unconsciousness...

Before they put a finger on him, I let out a sharp, angry growl that makes them freeze in their tracks immediately. They look up to me with a bit of fear in their eyes, waiting to see what I wanted.

"Take him to the cells and chain him up...no one is allowed to touch him but me. Understood?"

I barely recognize my own voice as it leaves my lips and echoes with the ring of the Luna tone, but they all nod, picking up his unconscious form and dragging it to the direction of the pack prison. The doctors begin moving Seth at the same time, and after a moment of being torn I follow my battered mate...Ziva telling me that the bastard can suffer in his silver chains until we visit him...which sates our rage for the time being.

~~~~~~~

It feels like it's been hours since they brought him to surgery in the pack infirmary, and the fact that I'm left pacing outside the room doesn't help the barely contained beast that is me and Ziva. They refused to let me in, not even my orders changed their minds...they kept claiming that it would be better for him if I waited outside...and they kept insisting I get checked over, even after I assured them that none of the blood on me and the clothes I am wearing was mine...

It still didn't stop Adri from trying, and I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was considering sedating me...but the look in mine talked her out of it. I just begged her to save him...to help him pull through...and she nodded before disappearing back through the door of Seth's room...leaving me in the dark, chaotic place that is my mind...the cold hands of the unknown squeezing on my heart like a vice...filling my head with the worst outcome possible...