-Chapter Five-

Katrina

What was I thinking?

I groan internally as I stand under the shower head, the near frigid water slowly helping dispel the excessive heat in my body. I should have known better than to play that game, teasing him and getting him heated would only do the same to me. Yet, I played it anyway. Why?

~Because our mate is a sexy beast and you enjoyed it as much as he did.~ Ziva answers, her voice purring with the memory of a shirtless Seth. The image does not help diminish the redness of my cheeks, nor does the memory of his dark chocolate and peppermint scent, and I curse her for setting me back.

~You just had to bring that up, didn't you?~

~Why are you complaining? You enjoyed it very much.~

Denying it would be pointless, considering she can hear my thoughts, so I'm unable to argue. A lot of things happened in that gym, all starting when I made the mistake of tracing over his bare torso, the beautiful ink there, and down to the V line that disappeared beneath his shorts. By the time I finished and met his gaze, he had a look in his eyes that clearly stated he was fighting to urge to take me right on the mat we were standing on.

I shudder at the memory, another flash of heat making the water feel even colder. The only thing that was more shocking than how I was intentionally tempting him, was that a large part of me wanted him to do it. And as much I should, I don't feel any shame or any kind of embarrassment at all for that fact.

~Nor should you, he is our mate, wanting his touch is nothing to be ashamed of.~ Ziva replies, her voice slightly authoritative.

~Besides, you saw his 'reaction' to our teasing, he's probably doing exactly what you are doing now.~

~Horny, perverted she-wolf.~ I grumble, finally giving up on cooling off to wash the shampoo out of my hair.

~Yes we are.~

I groan in exasperation, earning a chuckle from my irritating wolf. I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me, using the second to dry my hair. Attempting to remove any other perverted thoughts as I remove the excess water.

I pad out of the bathroom after putting my damp hair in a French braid, making my way to the closet to get dressed. I pull on a pair of faded black fitted jeans and a loose fitting white t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, with the phrase 'Work Hard, Play Hard' printed in big red letters on the front.

Putting the chain under my shirt, I go to the dresser and pull on a pair of socks before lacing up my sneakers. I had decided to do a little exploring today, taking in the territory that will be my new home. There isn't much to do around here, and I have no intention of being trapped in this house all day without something to do.

~I'm sure the Alpha would love to keep us entertained...~

I growl at Ziva, her thoughts have seemed to go straight to the gutter the past couple of days.

~Will you knock it off? I think I've had enough of the Alpha for one day.~

~We both know that's a lie.~

~Just can it will ya? I'm not gonna chase him everywhere like a desperate fan girl!~

She doesn't say anything, just huffs irritably. Relieved, I walk out the door and down the hall to Adrienne's room. Knocking on her door, I hear the muted thump of feet against the floor. Knowing my sister, she probably just rolled out of bed. The girl just loves her beauty sleep.