-Chapter Six-

Seth

I couldn't resist the temptation. Tyron had mind linked me to come over to Tiny Paws, saying something about my mate doing something I needed to see. After the shortest argument I've ever had with Damien, I give in and decide to take a break.

Knocking on the door, I listen to the sound of laughing and playing emitting from the pups as I wait. The woman that answers is Sheila, a she wolf I've known since I was a child. She smiles, a bit of surprise in her expression.

"Oh, if it isn't the Alpha!! It's been a while since you've come for a visit!! Please, come in!"

"It has been too long, Sheila. How is everyone?" I ask as I walk in, making sure to avoid the running pups and the Legos scattered across the floor.

"Good, busy, but good. What brings you by?"

"My Beta called me down, saying there was something I should see."

Her eyes flash with intuition, a happy smile brightening her face.

"Yes, please follow me!"

I follow her towards the back of the house, coming into a play room for the kids. On one side, Adrienne sits with a couple of boys who are watching her intently as she preforms a magic trick, looking completely fascinated. In the center sits a large table with coloring supplies littered across the top, at least three pups coloring at it. As my eyes settle on the left side of the room, I catch sight of something that renders me speechless.

Sitting on the floor, completely oblivious to the chaos, is Katrina. And sitting in her lap is a little girl that's around three or four years old. With her head tucked under my mates chin, she idly traces the tattoo on Katrina's arm, listening intently as the older girl reads a story to her. Glimpsing at the cover, I can read the title: Ferdinand the Bull.

I can't do anything but stare at first, taking the sight. However, Sheila's voice pulls me back to the present.

"It's quite precious, isn't it? They've been like this for the past hour or so, just reading to her whatever she wants. And before that, Katrina painted little Avery's nails. I've never seen a pup from here bond so quickly."

I turn towards her, despite not wanting to look away from the duo.

"Is that the little ones name?"

"Yes," She replies with a nod,"She the sweetest little girl, so social and playful with the other kids. But, when an adult other than me or my mate comes around, she clams up, which is probably why she's still here."

She smiles, watching Avery interrupt Katrina with a question.

"However, when Katrina came in, Avery started following her around until she felt brave enough to ask about the 'drawing on her arm'."

She laughs a bit, and I return my gaze to the two just in time to see the little girl looking at me, a curious expression on her tiny face. I feel another round of awe hit me as I see her eyes, and the air leaves my lungs for a moment.

Blue eyes gaze back at me, and I take in the brown curls that frame her face. If you put her between me and Katrina, you would swear she was-

~Our pup.~

The sound of Damien's possessive voice startles me, but his words release all kinds of feelings in me that I've never felt before. The idea of raising that little girl with my mate as our own...just feels right.