-Chapter Twelve-

Seth

I fucked up. Trust me, I know I fucked up.

The second the Alpha tone left my mouth I knew I screwed up. I watched the look of anger and hurt cross Katrina's face...how it just seemed to leave her frozen like a statue when I stormed out. It hurt me just by looking at it.

When I had felt her bone snap through our link and heard her cry of pain, I almost lost it. I didn't even wait for the car, just ran straight to her. I was terrified of her getting hurt, of her being in danger, so what came out of my mouth was distorted by rage for the ones who did it...and fear of it happening again. I just found her, I didn't want to lose her.

I know it's not an excuse for trying to make her submit...but it's the truth. The fucked up truth.

When she slammed out that door after telling me off, it took a few wolves holding me back to keep me from following her. But when she cut off the link, and my mark started burning on my skin like a branding iron, it took heavy sedation...and lots of it.

After I finally woke up, the first thing I did was try to find her. But her faint scent only led to a dead end, and with her blocking out my link with her...it would require tearing this entire pack land apart to find her...if she's even here.

The only person who seems to know where she is, is Tyron...but I quickly found out that Katrina had ordered him to not tell me anything about where she is. An order that I can't overrule...and don't want to. She left because I tried to make her follow orders, because I tried to make her decisions for her. Forcing Tyron to disobey her orders would only make things worse and hurt her more.

He did admit that she said she just needed space to calm down, so when we talked we wouldn't be yelling at each other. And I get it, we were both so angry and overwhelmed by emotions, we needed a little time to cool off before we tried to talk again.

Doesn't change the fact that I miss her, despite knowing she isn't far away. She's been gone for over a day, and I'm getting anxious.

I just want to see her again, so we can talk, so I can apologize.

Katrina

I can feel his sadness, his regret.

I've felt it every second since he woke up. The pain, the remorse, the guilt, the burning on his skin as he tries to talk to me. The first few hours apart was the most difficult to ignore. His words kept hitting the wall around my mind like bricks against a concrete wall.

I'm so sorry, I love you, I miss you, Please come home, I'm so sorry.

I wanted so much to go back and forgive him, because I know from his thoughts he was just scared of losing me without being able to protect me... but I fought it. I was still too hurt, too angry still to see him at the time.

His Alpha tone still rung fresh in my mind, the fact I'm immune to it's power not changing the fact that it felt like a betrayal. The potential of being stripped of my free will both terrifying and sickening...and having it taken away by my mate only made it more unbearable.

I know he didn't truly mean it, and that it came from a place of fear, but its not healthy, and needs to be addressed. I need to be treated as his equal, at all times. The only way we can work, is if we work together.

I'm ready to discuss that now.

Sighing, I open my link back up for Tyron, knowing this news will bring immense relief.

~Beta Tyron?~ I call through the mind-link.

~Yes Luna?~ He responds almost immediately, his voice hesitantly hopefully.

~I'm ready to see him now. You can tell Seth where I am.~

~Of course! Right away!~

I can hear the relief literally explode out of his head, no doubt happy that we would finally be on the verge of forgiveness. That the Luna and Alpha would return together, and the pack would be completely whole again.

With that, I cut off the link and make my way downstairs to the kitchen. I rummage through the fridge to find something to eat, even if I'm not really hungry. I need food on my stomach before me and Seth talk, I know it won't really benefit us if can't focus properly.

~I'm anxious to see him...~ Ziva murmurs in my mind, I can almost feel her pacing, going around in circles as she talks. The separation has been hard on her as well, and us being pent up in this house even after I healed has left us both feeling caged. Not a good thing for werewolves.

Forcing down a bowl of instant ramen, I hear intense knocking on the front door. Knowing it's Seth, I quickly go back up to my room before Tiana answers the door. We need to talk, and its best if it's done in a private setting. I lean against the bedpost as I wait, already hearing the sound of hurried footsteps climbing up the stairs. I take a deep breath as the door knob turns, using all my willpower to keep from running towards it.

The door swing open, and my mates scent collides with my face, and barely hold in a groan. The delicious aroma of dark chocolate and peppermint making me damn near drool.

Hold it together.

I look up to see Seth standing at the door way, his ragged appearance matching his emotions. Blue eyes filled with longing and guilt, the bags underneath a obvious sign that he hasn't slept well.

"Katrina..."

I grip my arms tightly with my hands, and sigh.

"We have some things to talk about."

Unknown POV

I smash a hole through the brick wall behind me in frustration and rage. The attack didn't go as planned, Red Fang didn't lose a single warrior...not even one. In other words, it failed miserably, and only two of the dozen wolves that went actually came back...injured and useless. I already killed one, the other one is awaiting his punishment.

I walk into the cage, glaring down at the pathetic mutt before me. Blood from his wounds dripping onto the cold, stone floor. The chains heavily hold his body, leaving him unable to shift. He and the other one ran like cowards from the fight, leaving the others to die.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."

He looks up at me pitifully, desperation in his eyes.

"Because...I-I have information..."

I growl and yank him up by the throat, narrowing my eyes at him.

"And what is that information?" I growl out lowly, my bloodlust boiling.

"One-one of the w-wolves that fought us-s was called Lu-Luna...the Alphas m-mate."

My eyes widen...Alpha Seth has a mate? The grin that appears on my face is sadistic, just like the thoughts that come to my mind. I drop him to the ground hard, his cry of pain is pathetic.

"A Luna? Well, that is helpful."

I turn my back to him as a hopeful look crosses his face. As I exit the cage, I turn to my second in command.

"Let the others eat him."

"No! Pleas-"

It only takes a second for the waiting, hungry cannibals to attack the traitor, his screams of pain quickly cut off as his throat is ripped out. As I watch the blood bath I plan and scheme, new ideas are available by having a Luna...many more possibilities.