-Chapter Twenty Four-

I can't believe this story is coming to a close! 😭 this is the last chapter before the epilogue, so I hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love seeing this side of you, Seth."

I look up to see my beautiful mate smiling down at me as I crouch on the floor with my chin resting on her swollen belly, our pups getting bigger and stronger by the day, and with only a three weeks until they're due, we're both a little nervous with anticipation. Especially me, considering Katrina knows the gender of our pups but won't tell me or anyone else...saying that she wants it to be a surprise.

"And what side is that angel?" I reply, enjoying the sound of my little ones heart beats and feeling the strength of their little kicks...I can already tell that they're going to be strong...even if it is mostly my fatherly bias.

"The doting father side...it's adorable..." She chuckles, her laughter making the plush, blue rocking chair she's sitting in rock a little. She's been spending a lot of time in the babies room lately, almost all the furnishings courtesy of the Christmas party slash baby shower we had a few weeks ago. The dark wooden cribs matching the cream colored walls, the adjacent one has the silhouette of a tree painted on it in brown paint, my mates creation when we painted the room itself.

"Well, with little Avery and these little ones right here, I'll soon have three pups to spoil rotten...so you'll get to see this side a lot Angel." I murmur, and I start chuckling when she gives me a look that I recognize from my days as a pup...the face my mother made whenever I got in trouble.

"Don't spoil them too much now...that will be less than beneficial." She scolds lightly, trying to fight back a smile of her own.

"I know you're going to spoil them too baby, don't hide it." I tease, and her smile betrays her stern expression as she giggles.

"Okay, okay...I just don't want them too spoiled...they will be the future leaders of the pack when they get older." She explains, and I understand completely. These pups will most likely be my successors one day, I want them to know how to do things for themselves instead of having everything done for them...though it might be difficult to talk my mother out of spoiling them rotten...

"I understand...and I was wondering, since you won't tell me what our pups are going to be...how exactly are we going to discuss names?" I ask, and she gives me a thoughtful expression.

"I guess you can just tell me the names you like, and we'll go from there?" She offers, and I sigh as she avoids exposing her secret.

"Girls or boys first?" I ask hopefully, and she grins as she catches on to me.

"Whichever one you want to do first." She answers, darn it. After a moment of thinking, I start with the names I've been partial to.

"For girls...I've always liked Willow, and Raven...perhaps Maria?" I list, and her soft gasp makes me look up.

"You want to name our daughter after my mom?" She murmurs, and I smile up at her.

"Why not? She's the reason you exist after all."

Her eyes water as she holds a hand over her mouth, and I sit up immediately.

"Don't cry angel..."

"Stupid...hormones..." She says between sniffs, and I chuckle as I wipe her tears away with my thumb.