chapter three

uninvited

It really pissed her off that she'd been sleeping, and some A hole woke her by cramming a gun in her face. That really put her in a bad mood. Seeing one in Julian's face made this personal.

"Knew I'd be seeing you two again."

The gun disappeared and a grinning face leaned in close. "You sure are pretty when you're all riled up. Been thinking about me?"

Dom. Good looking. He had a grin that could melt your insides, but he was still an ass hole. "Only when I'm taking a shit and have to use a leaf to wipe my ass."

Four out of six thugs present. Thomas was so getting murdered; she didn't care how fond Sinclair was of his brother. He ratted them out.

Dom didn't worry her. He was a bastard, but he wasn't a cold-blooded killer. The guy with his gun still pointed at Julian was the worry. Him and the sleaze bucket who just kneeled beside her. His intentions were quite clear in his every look, every movement.

Out the corner of her eye, she checked Julian.

"I bet you thought I was just going to give up on you. That wounds me. You not thinking my feelings for you are true."

"What's a girl to think when you're wanting to share her with all your friends?"

She could read Julian's look. He wanted her to get them out of here. He was willing to chance that gun in his face, she wasn't.

Jess sat up, not unaware that she was still in her undies and t-shirt. These ass holes didn't get to see many women anymore. Just showing some leg was enough to make two of them lose their train of thought. "That's not very flattering. How about each of you fight for me?"

Instead of breaking the fingers that ran up her leg, she smiled at the guy next to her. That wasn't easy since pain came alive in her gut at his touch. It was easier than it used to be. She was always in some kind of pain now, so what was a little more? Here's a new little twist. If his hand kept going higher or he tried to hurt her then he'd feel it to. Her no touch rule now worked both ways. It actually came in handy these days. "How about it? Think you could take on the others and win a night with me?"

That one wasn't a big talker, but she could see the thought held appeal to him.

Dom kept on grinning. "I have a better idea. We keep you."

Her eyes warned Julian to ignore the hand still making its way up her leg.

"Do I at least get to pick who goes first?"

Her last pick would be the gorilla holding the gun on Julian's face. He was big and had muscles for days but that was all he had going for him. She sent him a look that suggested he would be her pick.

Men. Gorilla lowered his gun. Even made a move to step between her and Julian.

Guess that was a good thing. That's when Julian decided that the hand on her leg had gone up as high as it was going. His leg swept Gorilla right off his feet and Julian went for the gun. Damn, if she didn't like it when golden boy got really pissed off and started kicking some ass.

Seeing the second gun swing in that direction, Jess lurched herself forward and grabbed ahold of hat boy's leg and handsy dude's hand and moved them all out of the way. She figured it was at least two, three miles away.

Leaving them there, Jess popped back in time to see Julian and Gorilla with fists flying. Dom was staring at her like he couldn't believe his eyes. Julian must be beyond pissed because in no time at all it was clear he was winning. The problem was that Gorilla had figured that out too, he went for the gun he'd lost earlier. Jess beat him to it. Too bad that Dom finally came to his senses. She never saw his fist coming but she sure in the hell felt it. Her face exploded, and she couldn't have stayed on her feet if she wanted to.

Julian's roar filled the room, and he went after the guy who hit her. It was unnecessary. The pain the dude just inflected on her wasn't anything compared to the pain he'd felt at laying his hands on her.

She was still trying to fight through the pain when she was dragged back to her feet and the gun taken from her.

Jess did the only thing she could think to do. She kissed him.

Bet he never wanted to kiss her again. He screamed like a little girl and went to his knees, his hands holding his head.

Imagine a thousand nails being driven into your head at once. At least that's the way she would describe it. There was a good chance the scream could have been hers.

Julian took no pity on the fool and made sure he wouldn't be waking anytime soon. "Is it too much, Jess? How bad is it?"

Oh, it was bad but there wasn't time for him to try and take care of her. "The other two."

"There's time." He gathered up their things then slipped both back packs on his back. Then he took her into his arms. "I'll get us out of here."

She didn't have the energy to come up with a better plan.