chapter thirtytwo

unbefitting

"They are becoming most unsettled. They demand a meeting."

"And Jetidi?"

"Less than fifteen minutes out. They have retrieved the only other ruler that is located within the three cities."

"Has she been informed of her duties."

"She has. She says she has been feeling you, Jetidi, and the human Hayden for a while and she has long to be close."

Kellum could not help but look around the throne room. How different it was. Instead of an empty throne and the four advisor's chairs, now sat two empty thrones and eighteen chairs in a half circle.

"I have a great deal of questions for the new rulers. The way they are all connected is most peculiar. You say that you do not feel a connection to any of them but the human Hayden?" Dezrick questioned.

"I felt something when Jetidi touched me. A sense of belonging."

He could not be for sure about anything. He might have some of his memories back but there appears to be huge gaps in them. Some memories seemed out of order and confusing. He felt like he had two lives. One where Hayden was to be his mate and one where it was Jessalynn.

The sight of her had brought him pain unlike he had ever felt before. He did not understand it.

Last night he had dreamed he was back on that ship with her and everything inside of him was telling him not to leave her. That he would have never left her, not for any reason.

He could not tell which emotion bothered him more. The fear of leaving her or the guilt he felt. How could he forget about someone who obviously meant so much to him?

When had he let his emotions start to rule him?

He needed all his memories back and he needed them now, but he did not have a second to spare. He had to get his government in order, and he needed to bring home his queen.

His queen. That statement was enough for him to need to sit. He was completely overwhelmed.

Kellum caught himself before he could take his place at the throne. Maybe he was king now, but he did not feel like he belong there yet. Not as long as her throne remained empty.

"My King?"

"Repeat."

"They will be here momentary."

"I want Jetidi and Hayden in robes. Pureell will have to wait until she is sworn in.

"Yes, my King."

"Have you gathered any other information on the Queen's predicament?"

"I have found a rough location. It sits on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. I will not be able to be more precise. There is over two hundred on board. Their defenses are weak, but I have not found a way on board. Our children could take down their technology so that will not be a problem."

"Are the men preparing?"

"As you have requested."

"How did we not know they were already here?"

"They are not sending out any signals and must have been here for longer than we have been observing this planet. I would put this ship at half the size of the one on the way."