Chapter 4: Idol

Midoriya woke to someone slapping his face very rapidly. He sat up quickly, remembering the situation he was just in. He breathed a sigh of relief as he felt nothing but air surrounding him.

"Oh thank goodness! Thought I lost you there!" It was that voice again. Midoriya's body began shaking.

It can't be. Is it really him?? He reached up, turned on his vision-aid(which was thankfully unharmed), and gasped at what he saw before him. His idol, All Might, laughing and smiling.

"Sorry for dragging you into that mess, but you did help me catch him!" he said, holding up a Coke bottle filled with a green sludge. Midoriya was speechless. All Might was here, and he had just saved Midoriya himself! Midoriya immediately threw himself to the ground in a reverent bow.

"Thank you for saving me sir!! You have no idea how much this means to me!!" All Might laughed, and patted Midoriya's head. Midoriya stared at him, taking in the sight before he felt a burning in his eyes. As he rubbed them, he realized that his vision-aid was overheating and turned it off.

"Well kid I'd better get going! I have to get this villain to the police!" Midoriya's head shot up and he stood quickly. There was a burning question inside him and he had to ask it. That, and he had no idea where he was and needed someone to help him find his way home. What better person than All Might?

"Wait! Please!" Midoriya stumbled forward until he grabbed onto All Might's shirt. Right as All Might lept into the sky, taking Midoriya with him. All Midoriya knew was that he was on the ground one moment, the next moment he was rushing through the air with nothing but fabric in his hands.

It was too much like the incident that had happened weeks ago. Midoriya's heart dropped as he desperately tried to hold on. He felt dizzy and his heart was pounding hard. He didn't even realize he was screaming until he felt All Might's hand on his face.

"Hey hey! What do you think you're doing?!" he shouted. Midoriya couldn't answer, couldn't breathe, he couldn't even think. His mind just kept flashing back to that moment he jumped and he clinged for his life. All Might grabbed him by his shirt and held onto them until they landed. Midoriya immediately fell to the ground, shaken to his core, and he almost threw up.

"That was really dumb kid, really dumb." Midoriya simply nodded, afraid to speak. "Listen, I really have to go. Knock on the door and they'll let you in." Before he could leave, Midoriya finally found his voice.

"W-wait! P-please!" he shouted.

"I can't wait any longer kid, I'm sorry."

"I'm blind!" Midoriya shouted. There was silence and he was sure that All Might had left, when he felt a presence in front of him. There was a slight breeze in his face, the same one he recognized as someone waving their hand in front of his face. He ignored it, and took advantage of All Might's presence to press on.

"I need your help to get home. I lost my cane in the fight with that glue monster and my vision-aid is overheated. I have no idea where I am and I would like to get home please!"

"Alright alright kid, sorry. I had no idea." All Might's voice was softer than when he had first spoken to Midoriya, more hollow. "I'll take you home, just tell me where to go." Midoriya felt All Might's hand on his shoulder and flashed back to the flight they had taken. He shuddered.

"Can I request something? I really don't want to fly, please."

"That's fine. I prefer to walk anyways." Midoriya had a really strange feeling, so at the risk of his eyes he turned on his aid.

Then he screamed at the sight and immediately turned it off. In front of him was a skeletal man with sunken eyes, like a ghost of All Might. The stranger sighed.

"I really wish you hadn't done that, it would've been a hell of a lot easier to not have to explain that to you." He looked at Midoriya, who was shaking and cowering, and sighed again. "Listen, I am All Might. My Quirk just makes me look muscular when I use it, got it?" Midoriya, still shaking, almost passed out from the shock of it all. Instead, he started rambling out of fear.

"Calm down, kid. I'll explain everything on the way to your house. Just tell me the address." Midoriya decided that he would trust All Might for now, seeing as he had no other way home. He took All Might's hand the way he would take Bakugou's and told him his address.

On the way to his house, All Might explained how he had been significantly weakened by a villain that not many knew about and that he could only do hero work for about 3 hours every day. Midoriya listened intently, wishing he had his audio recorder out to record it all, but instead committed every word to memory. They reached Midoriya's house after walking for a while and they said their goodbyes when Midoriya remembered something.

"Wait. I have one more question before you go."

"Alright, one more question."

"Do you think I can become a hero?" Midoriya finally asked. All Might was once again rendered speechless. He looked at the child in front of him, blind and Quirkless. All he wanted to say was yes, but his job was to protect people not coddle them.

"No, I don't." Midoriya's heart plummeted. He had heard this so many times before, countless times.

It hurt the most coming from someone he had believed in all his life, someone who didn't believe in him.

"If you had a Quirk, maybe. But Quirkless? No kid, it's too dangerous. I'm sorry. Try becoming a policeman, it's a good profession." Midoriya simply nodded. Of course he knew that would be the answer. He was Quirkless, blind, weak, a nothing.

Nothings didn't become heroes.

Midoriya looked up at All Might and faked a smile. He was good at that.

"Thank you for tolerating me and taking me home. I'm sorry that I'm such a burden." With that, he walked inside to face his mother who was worried sick.

All Might stood outside that house longer than he expected to. That kid was a dreamer, and of course he needed to face reality, but it still bugged him that he had to be the one to do it. He started to walk away, the conversation with Young Midoriya replaying in his mind. He shook his head and sighed. He had a job to do, getting that sludge criminal to the police. He reached into his pocket and-

Gone. The bottle containing the monster was gone.

That's when he heard explosions ringing out and he had an idea of where he had gone. He started running towards it, and little did he know was that he wasn't the only one.