Chapter 21: Internships Part Two

Midoriya woke up the next day and prepared quickly. He wanted to arrive early and make a good impression. He was in such a rush, that he nearly missed his mother talking to him.

"Izuku! Izuku you can't just leave without saying goodbye! And you've forgotten your costume!" Midoriya held out his hand and his mother placed the suitcase into it. She then pulled him down slightly and placed a kiss on his forehead. Midoriya blinked. He didn't even realize that he had grown taller than her.

"Please be safe," she begged. "But do have fun, too!"

"Don't worry mom, it's just an agency. We'll only take on low-level villains, if any at all. Try not to worry too much, I'll be home soon!" Midoriya then rushed out of the house and began his journey to the subway. He had gone there before, but rarely since his vision had gone black. He used his phone to guide him and focused so much on not getting lost that he nearly ran into several people in as he neared the crowded station. Then, he heard familiar voices.

"Midoriya! Come this way!" he heard Todoroki shout. Midoriya smiled and headed towards his voice.

"There you are. Our train is about to arrive and we were afraid you would be late," Iida said once Midoriya had made his way to the platform.

"No way! I wouldn't miss out on this for the world!" Midoriya heard Todoroki chuckle and his heart soared.

"Of course not. You're the most excited out of the both of us," Todoroki said. Midoriya nodded sadly, knowing that Todoroki was probably the least excited out of anyone in the whole class.

"Our train is here. We should get going," Iida reminded them. Midoriya grabbed his shoulder and Iida helped to guide him onto the train. The train was full when they got on, so they all stood together. With the bumps and sudden starts and stops of the train, Midoriya found it very disorienting without eyesight and started getting a little trainsick. He turned on his vision-aid to get rid of it, against his better judgement that he would need it later. Eventually, the train reached their stop and they left towards the front of the station with Midoriya turning off his aid.

"I wanted to wish you both luck before we parted ways," Todoroki said.

"Thank you. I should be going," Iida said brusquely, leaving before anything more could be said.

"I hope everything is okay..." Midoriya muttered. He turned towards Todoroki. "Well I guess we should be leaving too."

"You're sure you know where to go?" Todoroki asked. As much as Midoriya wanted to say that he didn't, he didn't want to make Todoroki late for his internship. Being late could lead to punishment and Midoriya hated to think that that could happen to his friend.

"I'm positive. My mom made sure that the address in my phone was correct and it will read the directions out loud to me. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself okay?" Todoroki chuckled, but it had a hint of sarcasm in it.

"It's nothing I haven't done before. It'll just be in public this time," he said, slightly bitterly. "Goodbye, Midoriya, I will see you next week and I hope we will have both improved by then."

"Right! Bye Todoroki-kun!" Midoriya turned on his phone and walked off, listening to Todoroki's footsteps meld into the sounds of the city.

~~~~~~~

Midoriya hesitated at the door of All Might's old mentor. He wanted to make a good impression, but he couldn't exactly look in the mirror to make sure he looked okay. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, and stepped inside.

"Gran Torino?" he called. There was no answer, but the door was unlocked, so Midoriya started tapping his cane on the ground to try and find him. Suddenly, his cane hit what felt suspiciously like a person. He knelt down and put his hand down on the object, only for it to come away sticky and covered in a thick liquid while he held something that suspiciously felt like organs.