Chapter 13: Not Alone (Plus a Special Author's Note)

AN

Loyal readers, we've done it. We've put a letter in the number of reads. We have 1 whole K reads. I never thought this story would get that popular. I am so proud, but of course this never could've happened without all of you.

Now, here's my question: What story should I do next? That will be up to you. I can most definitely do another BNHA story. I can do Villain!Midoriya, InheritedQuirk!Midoriya, or whatever. I can also write a story with my and my friend's BNHA OCs, if you'd like. Or, I can write a story from a different anime, cartoon, or book series as long as I've heard of it and watched/read it enough to write a story on it! Be warned: I'm very bad at writing One Shots and ships that I don't ship. I also have a shit-ton of OCs, so let me know if you'd like me to include them or not. I personally chose not to include my BNHA OC in this story, so you have to tell me if you want OCs. Just comment on this part letting me know what you'd like me to write next and I'll let you know if it's doable or not!

With that being said, here is the next chapter and thank you for 1,000 reads!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya woke up in a soft bed he recognized. The bed of the infirmary. He sat up carefully, his injuries no longer hurting him. However, his arm was in a sling and was a bit sore. He sighed. He must've overdone it.

"You're awake, good." It was Recovery Girl, of course.

"Midoriya! How do you feel?? Are you okay??" The second voice belonged to Ururaka, which caught Midoriya off-guard.

"Ururaka? Why are you here?"

"Well I got a bit banged up during the fight so All Might made me come. Plus, someone had to look out for you! Especially after how scared you got... You didn't respond to anything..." Midoriya remembered the moments right before he passed out and shuddered. He had never minded heights before but now... Now he was terrified of them.

"What happened after I fell?" he asked.

"Well, you passed out first. Then when I was taking you to the infirmary you woke up and started screaming again. I couldn't get you to calm down and I was afraid you were going to hurt yourself... So Recovery Girl had to sedate you..."

"I'm really sorry. I don't remember any of that." Midoriya scratched at his cast, ashamed. He was afraid of hurting people, and he certainly didn't like that he had lost control like that.

"Ururaka, you're free to go back to class. I need to talk with Midoriya for a bit," Recovery Girl said gently. Midoriya heard Ururaka's footsteps leave the room. Recovery Girl's soft, wrinkled hand patted his own.

"Midoriya, I want you to answer a few questions for me." Midoriya nodded and she continued. "When you lost your vision, you fell off a building, correct?" Midoriya nodded again. "When you fell back there, when the floor collapsed, do you remember what was running through your mind?" Midoriya thought back.

"I-I was thinking about my... my incident. I just kept thinking that it was the same thing, but no one could catch me. I just thought that I was going to die and-and I was scared and-" Midoriya didn't realize that he was hyperventilating until Recovery Girl squeezed his hand tight and demanded him to breathe. Once his breath had slowed down and he was no longer in danger of crying, Recovery Girl spoke.

"Dear, I think you might have PTSD," she said gently. Midoriya shook his head.

"That can't be right. I've never been to war or fought a villain or-" Recovery Girl cut him off.