Chapter 20: Internships Part One

Ok, I know that I've been gone for a while and some of you are going to want an explanation. Those of you who don't care, skip to the non-bolded section. I'm just going to be honest. I was going to start writing more frequently once I got my laptop back. However, my personal account was blocked from the laptop. And guess what was on my personal account? That's right, this story. So I couldn't type at school because Wattpad is also blocked, which is when I typed a lot last year. So that fucking sucked. Then, I started thinking about this story's ending and panicking because I had no ideas for how I was going to end it so instead of confronting the problem or thinking it out I just stopped and lost motivation. Then my cat died, school got harder, and just a whole load of 3 college classes just got dumped on me and I could barely even think of this story. It was only when I started getting into the swing of things again and I started pulling up Wattpad at home and bringing it to school that I finally got back into writing. I know it doesn't really excuse the four months of inactivity, but I know that I would want an explanation for why a fanfic I was reading got delayed so there it is. I really am sorry, but I am in a better place now. I got the lead role in a play, so I'm excited about that, Halloween is coming so I'm super pumped, and I'm just generally happier now. Sorry for being absent, and please look forward to what I hope are more regular updates.

TL;DR: Your author is a piece of shit who is going to try and be less shitty now.

~~~~

Midoriya woke up with his arm hurting and his heart warm. His dreams had been full of... something. He couldn't remember, but it made him happy. He reached for his cane and headed down the stairs where his mother was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning Izuku!" his mother greeted, hugging him tight. She kissed his forehead before releasing him and giving him his breakfast. "I'm very proud of you for how you did yesterday. I just didn't want to bother you when you were so tired."

"Thanks, mom," Midoriya said, eating his breakfast carefully with his left hand. He tried to eat quickly, as he was excited to go to school. Yesterday was the Sports Festival, but today was the day they got internships. Where real pro-heroes and agencies would choose which students they liked and would recruit the students to work for them for a week. Midoriya knew that higher-ranked students were more likely to be noticed and get chosen, and since he at least made it into the top 10 surely someone would choose him, even if he was blind. So he finished his breakfast, said goodbye to his mother, and left for UA.

"Deku-kun!" Ururaka shouted once he reached the campus. She ran over to him and gave him a quick hug. "Are you excited??"

"For, uh, internships?" he stuttered.

"Yes! I can't wait to see what it's like to actually be a hero! It's a surefire way to get stronger!" she said, jumping up and down with excitement while holding onto Midoriya's uninjured arm. Midoriya couldn't help but laugh and agree.

"I wonder which agency will want the blind kid," he mused.

"Are you kidding?? Everyone will want you! You're super strong and smart and... and... really nice!" Ururaka cleared her throat and suddenly dropped his arm, placing his hand on her shoulder instead. "Now let's stop chatting and go find out!" Before Midoriya could say anything in response, she began to walk off. Grasping her shoulder gently as a guide, he followed. On the way, they ran into Iida. Literally.

"Sorry Iida-kun!" Ururaka said, bowing slightly. "Deku-kun and I were going to see which agencies wanted us! Wanna come with?"

"I think I'd rather wait for class to do that," Iida said. "You two go on ahead."

"Are you sure, Iida?" Midoriya asked, remembering that Iida had to leave for a family emergency the day before. He didn't want to leave his friend alone and hurting.