Chapter 11: Support Class

The next day, Midoriya headed to school. He tried remembering the locations that Todoroki had mentioned, remembering their sounds and smells. He passed by a cafe that smelled of cinnamon, then by a small electronics store with its TVs turned up way too loud. He walked carefully until he heard the familiar talking and laughing of his classmates. There were a few explosions, but he did his best to ignore them. Since he was early that day, he decided to walk around and talk to his classmates to get familiar with their voices, names, and mannerisms. He heard a small group talking loudly and walked over to them.

"Hey! You're the blind kid right?" One shouted. Midoriya heard a loud thump followed by a yelp of pain. "Hey! It was just a question Ashido!"

"A rude one! Sorry, he's an idiot," A girl, Ashido, stated. Midoriya chuckled.

"No, it's okay. I really don't mind. It's pretty obvious with my cane and everything. My name is Midoriya Izuku. I'm trying to get to know my classmates."

"I'm Ashido Mina. The idiot is Kaminari Denki and Sero Hanta is also here." Midoriya felt a small hand slip into his and he shook it. Her hand was small and extremely smooth, as if it had never felt a day of hard work. Her hand fell away and he shook the hands of Kaminari and Sero. Kaminari's hand was rough with a few burn scars, reminding him of Bakugou's hands. Sero's were rough and calloused. All three explained their Quirks to him, and suddenly their hands made sense. Ashido could make acid and control its acidity, which she used to keep her skin smooth. Kaminari could produce and shoot electricity, which meant that the burn scars on his hand were created by electricity and not fire. Sero could shoot tape out of his elbows, which he let Midoriya feel. Midoriya, intrigued by what information he had already learned, wished that he could write it down in his notebook which was more discreet than an audio recorder.

He walked around to others and discovered their Quirks, voices, and shook hands with many of them. Some were happy to talk, like Tsuyu Asui (though she told him to call her Tsu) others didn't want to talk, like Mineta Minoru, and others were very nervous and surprised like Tokoyami Fumikage. Midoriya was pleased to talk to all of them (except Mineta who was pretty rude) before the beginning of class. He told Ururaka and Iida about his findings until Aizawa told them to take their seats. As he sat, he heard Ururaka snickering behind him. In fact, the whole class was laughing quietly. He was confused, until Ururaka leaned towards him and whispered into his ear.

"He's in a sleeping bag! He's not even standing up, he's laying down in bag!" Midoriya snorted and tried to cover it up with a cough. If Aizawa-sensei heard any of them, he didn't bring it up. Instead, he began talking over the laughter.

"I hope you all have a costume designed, because they need to be sent in to be made today. So right now is a free period for designing. If you need help, ask Midnight because I need a nap. She'll be around later. Midoriya, you will head to the Support Class." Midoriya nodded and stood up. "Do you need a guide?"

"I-I think that would be best, sir."

"Very well. Who wants to guide him to the Support Classroom?" Ururaka jumped up.

"I will!"

"Go then. Get back as soon as you can, no dawdling." Ururaka took Midoriya's hand and they went to the Support Class. Ururaka told him every turn to make just in case he had to go to the Support Class again. Once they got there, Midoriya lent Ururaka his audio recorder just in case he needed some notes and she went back to their classroom. Midoriya walked into the classroom.

He was then immediately hit in the face by an unknown object. He yelped in surprise and fell back, confused. He felt around the floor before someone ran up to him and hauled him to his feet.