Chapter 8

Toby's POV

We walked out of the small pool and I changed into my clothes. Axe shifted back into wolf form but it was very difficult for me to keep my eyes on his face and not the rest of him that I'm dying to get a look at. Not that I'd want him to know, he's too cocky anyway.

Come on mate. We have a traitor to sort out, Axe growled out.

"Why are you going to scatter his ashes in no man's land?", I asked Axe as we started the journey back to the main house or the dungeon.

We are beings that come from the earth. We will one day go back to the earth as the way we died. To have your ashes scattered is a disgrace because you have not returned to the earth as a whole. You are nothing but ashes lying everywhere. We also bury everyone on pack lands because it is an honour. You're born or become a pack member and you die as a pack member. You will always be part of the pack. To be buried in no man's land is saying you're not one of us, you're buried in a nameless grave where no-one even knows you're there, Axe said growling slightly.

"That's awful. Do you do that often? Throw their ashes in no man's land?", I asked.

Buried where no-one knew you were there? Forgotten and cast away? Who'd want that?

We've never done it before. It is considered to be done when an act of ultimate betrayal is comitted. Lucas done the unspeakable, hand over everything to hunters. To help them kill the people who were family all because you wanted something you couldn't have, He spat out just as we arrived at the main house.

We walked inside and I pressed the button for the lift. We got in and rode to the fourth floor. We walked out together and walked down the hall to Xavier's office.

"Why are you wet? Aren't you moving too fast brother?", Justin asked smirking as we entered the room.

I rolled my eyes and said nothing. No need to egg him on.

Xander threw a pair of jeans in Axe's direction and he caught it in his mouth. He trotted behind a screen and I heard the cracking of bones. That sound is not something I can get used to. It sounds painful.

"Hey babe",Xavier said walking out and stopping in front of me. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Hi", I replied smiling at him.

"Right let's go talk to Lucas and come back here to discuss the war", Xavier ordered and slipped hia hand into mine.

Xavier, Xander, Justin, Storm and I all walked down the hall and piled into the lift and out of the main house. We headed towards the dungeon.

Xavier nodded at the guards and pressed his finger to the scanner.
"Voice activation required", The scanner requested.

"Alpha Xavier", He said firmly.

I felt tingles run through my body and I shivered pleasantly. That's one hot voice.

The door opened and we all walked in.

"Why have finger print as well as voice activation?", I asked as we walked down the hall.

"If someone had to break in to rescue someone and maybe knock me out the door won't open. Even if they hold a gun to my head and demand I open the door, I can say my name less firmly and it won't open. Less chance of getting terrible people out", He said as we reached Lucas' cell.

Lucas was locked into the cell on the right. He was currently examining burn marks on his hands.

"Why is he burned?", Justin asked frowning.