Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to lifeispain225

Toby's POV

I rolled over and reached out to Xavier. A frown covered my face when my hand touched cold sheets. I opened my eyes and lifted my head and saw that Xavier's side of the bed was still neat and the pillows fluffed to perfection.

I turned to look at the watch on the wall and saw that the time read 02:00 am. Where is he?

I got out of bed and wrapped a blanket around me. I walked out of the room and walked down the passage to the kitchen. I frowned when he wasn't in there or the lounge. I walked back down the passage and headed for Xavier's office.

He's been working really hard this past week. After patching things up with Vanessa, he's been much happier. She really is a sweet and funny girl. She and Justin get along well and he loves her just as much as I do. They're both naughty and prank Xander whenever they can.

Just yesterday, they pranked him. Justin knows how much Xander loves his chocolate balls cereal, so they switched it out with cat food that looked the same like the chocolate balls. He ate a spoon before spitting it out and conveniently there was a glass of water on the counter. He took a sip and inside was water mixed with vinegar. The two guilty parties were watching everything from the kitchen doorway and had a field day with the way Xander reacted.

He was furious and ignored them both for the day but anyone could see he was happy that his sister was finally opening up to them. She gained a little more confidence and she smiles and laughs a lot more. She has come a long way. She stood up to her bully and let's just say she won't be troubling her any more. Bitch got what she deserved even if it was a cup of noodle sauce thrown over her along with some milk.

I couldn't have been more proud of her. She finally stood up for herself and realized everything that was happening to her wasn't her fault.

Mum and Susanne are talking about adopting a child. Mum said she didn't want to adopt earlier knowing that Justin and I were out there but now she says she's ready.

My mate has been working really hard this last week. He has spoken to various packs in the bordering countries as well as the werewolf council. He wants to make sure everything is sorted out. We don't know what's going to happen on the 13th of next month and Xavier wants to prepare for the worst.

Training is going well, everyone is making progress and I think we'll be ready. I've been spending time getting to know the pack. This is my family so every day for two hours I'd spend it getting to know something different. One day I spent it with the pack pups, they were a delight to get to know especially little Sebastian. He's an orphan pup who's parents died. They were rogues and Storm found them dead near the West border. He was the only survivor, and he is the cutest little toddler ever. He has a pair of bright blue eyes and the chubbiest cheeks I want to squash forever and his little giggles melt my heart.

Light peeped out from under the door of his office and I couldn't help but feel worried. Why is he up at 2 in the morning?

I opened the door softly and gazed at the messy room. Books lie strewn across the floor, some opened some closed. Scrolls and papers lie on the desk, on chairs and maps were hung up hastily,some covering each other and some laying opened on the floor.

"Babe?", I called out stepping into the room. I stepped lightly careful not to tramp on papers and disrupt the mess even further.

"Toby. What are you doing up? Did I wake you?", He asked surprised. He was crouched down behind his desk chair looking through a book.