Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to @Est200

Vanessa^^

Toby's POV

I fell asleep on the way back to the pack house, goodness knows I need the rest. My body was still tingling from the fuck we had back at the lake. It was hands down one of the best times of my life.

"Baby we're home", Xavier whispered as he gently shook me awake.

I opened my eyes, blinked a few times to clear my vision and smiled at my mate.

"Do you want to go up to bed and catch a nap? I know Axe is knocked out", He said chuckling as he helped me out of the car before he grabbed the basket from the boot.

"It's good to know I can tire him out", I laughed but shook my head.

"What are you going to do babe?", I asked as we walked inside and headed for the kitchen.

"I want to go see Vanessa. We haven't spoken since you got here and it's already been two weeks. She can't avoid me any longer and I don't want to avoid her. She's my sister and what she said hurt but I still love her. I want you to come with. I thought you'd want to sleep so we could go later but if you don't want to maybe we can go now", He said softly as he placed the basket on the counter.

Jenny smiled and asked how the picnic was. I told her it was the best time ever. She winked at me as we made our way outside again.

"I'm glad you want to patch things up with her babe. But what I don't understand is why is she like more harsh to you. She seems to get away with murder with Xander from what you told me", I said as we walked hand in hand towards the houses.

"Xander is more lenient with her. I told her repeatedly that I don't want her dating this human boy and she still does. He's not her mate and she won't listen to me. Last time we spoke I walked out when she said I wasn't her dad so I had no right to tell her what to do", He said sadly.

I stopped and pulled him into my arms. He was hurting and it was my job to make him feel better.

"Why don't you want her dating him?", I asked confused. There was no law governing who you could be with and who you can't. As long as both parties were interested, it's your life. Live it.

"I don't mind her dating boys. She can be with whoever she wants. But this boy she's dating I don't like him. He seems suspicious. I had Storm check him out but he was clean but I still couldn't and still can't shake the feeling he's dangerous. I forbid her from seeing him but she sneaks out and meets him. Xander let's her go because she guilt trips him into doing so. I stand by my word so she doesn't bother trying to convince me otherwise.

I could command her but she's my sister and I only want the best for her. She hates me ", He groaned and hugged me tighter.

"Maybe you should tell her this. You're not only her brother but her Alpha too. She probably thinks you're trying to keep her from getting out there but all you're trying to do is protect her. Tell her how you feel and let her make up her mind", I said as I caressed his cheek. He looked into my eyes and I knew he didn't think of just being honest with her.

"I'll try", He said as he kissed me softly. I sighed and closed my eyes when he rested our foreheads together. I love this man so much.

"Let's go talk to her", He said and smiled. I smiled back and slid my hand into his. We continued walking past beautiful homes.

I smiled when I saw families laughing and playing together. Many stopped and waved at us. We waved back and I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. This was my family now.