Polkadots

"Seoyeon, you okay?"

My best friend, Park Yerim, worriedly asked as she gently caressed my back to make me feel better.

We're currently at a renowned amusement park in the city of Seoul, sitting at a bench near the exit since I didn't feel so well after riding multiple thrilling roller coasters.

It's still 3:00 in the afternoon with the sky dyed in the color of azure blue and cotton-like clouds floating above us.

The frightful screams and cheerful laughter coming from the amusement park filled my ears, but all Yerim probably heard was my distressing groans due to the sickness that overwhelmed me.

"I-I think I feel a little better now." I feebly muttered, feeling terrible for having her waste another 30 minutes of her time just watching me gag.

"Are you sure?" Yerim asked concernedly. 

"Yeah, you can go home if you want Yerim. I know you have a special dinner planned with your boyfriend tonight." I said while wriggling my eyebrows at her, knowing for a fact that she couldn't wait to get ready for her date. 

"But-"

"No buts. Go before I change my mind." I interrupted, grinning in assurance as I jerked my head and motioned her to go.

Finally accepting my offer, Yerim stood up with a smile of gratitude on her face.

"Thanks Seoyeon. See you tomorrow."

And with that, she waved at me goodbye and left the amusement park.

After a few minutes of resting and making sure I was no longer feeling nauseous, I stood up from the bench to leave as well.

But as I was strolling toward the exit, I couldn't help but sense this eerie atmosphere of a large figure gradually approaching me from behind, silently getting closer with every step I took.

Assuming I was thinking too much, I attempted to ignore it.

But with every subtle click of my shoes, the sound of a different footstep trailed.

Alright, I'm definitely being followed.

Oh please, please don't be a killer.

With my hands trembling from intense apprehension, I gathered up the greatest courage in me and abruptly turned around to face whoever this creepy stalker was.

I loudly screamed along with a quick jump at the sight of the mascot of the amusement park standing there, kindly offering me a flier.