Scarlet

Reaching the rooftop, I scanned my surroundings in search for Taehyung while the soothing wind subtly brushed against my skin.

Eagerly walking around, I finally spotted a familiar-looking figure leaning against the railing with his head up high as he gazed upon the cloudless, baby blue sky.

Hurriedly approaching him, I called out his name for him to notice me.

"Taehyung!"

Jerking in surprise, an anxious expression immediately displayed on his face at the sight of me.

"S-Seoyeon? How did you find me?" He reluctantly asked, slowly backing away from me in fear as if I was some sort of killer.

"I have my ways. I need to-" I said as I tried to get to the point, but was abruptly interrupted by Taehyung.

"I-I have to go." He bashfully muttered, attempting to get past me in order to escape from this scene.

"Wait I need to talk to you about something." I said as I quickly stood in front of him and blocked his away.

"Woah what's that?!" He loudly shouted as he pointed toward the sky with his index finger, dramatically gasping with his eyes widened in a rather fake matter.

"Taehyung, I'm not three. I'm not going to fall for your stupid tricks." I said in utter disbelief, rolling my eyes at his immature act.

I guess he gave up on his getaway, because he suddenly let out a deep, defeated sigh.

"Why the hell are you avoiding me?" I asked, agitatedly placing my hand on my waist as I raised an eyebrow.

With his shoulders slightly elevating, he timidly shifted his gaze to the ground, causing his relatively long bangs to create a shadow on his face.

"I-I'm just too embarrassed to face you from what happened yesterday..." He admitted.

"Just because I laughed at your pick-up line?" I confusedly asked, wondering why he was making such a big deal out of it.

"God, please don't remind me." Taehyung muttered in utter embarrassment, his cheeks madly blushing to the tip of his ears.

Seeing his flushed face, my eyes grew larger at how easily he became shy.

Letting out a small sigh, I ran my fingers through my hair as I attempted to come up with a solution for him to stop being so afraid of me.

"Look, let's just put everything that happened yesterday behind us and restart." I said.

Extending my arm out, I stuck out my hand toward him for him to shake.

"Hi, I'm Choi Seoyeon. Nice to meet you."

Taehyung was a bit hesitant, but eventually stretched his arm out and took my hand, gently shaking it in a slow motion.

"I-I'm Kim Taehyung. N-Nice to meet you too." He nervously stuttered with his cheeks still a little red.

Wow, he's so different from the very first moment he talked to me at the park.

Guessing from his flirtatious behavior, my first impression of him was a overly-confident, extremely haughty guy.

But he's actually a rather introverted and awkward klutz, who clearly has no idea how to talk to girls.

"Alright, now can we please schedule a day to work on our project? I kind of don't want to fail that class you know." I said, pleadingly looking at him for his cooperation.

"Oh y-yeah, of course." He shyly responded, giving me quick nod of his head.

"My house tomorrow? Around 12?" I suggested.

"Sure." Taehyung replied.

"Okay, I'll send you my address so can you give me your phone number?" I casually asked, only to cause him to completely freeze in his position.

"What? Do you not have a phone?" I curiously asked, puzzled from his strange reaction to my question.

"No it's just, I-I've never exchanged numbers with a girl before..." He sheepishly muttered, his cheeks slightly tinting once again.

Wow, I thought a guy with looks like him would be used to situations like this.

"God Taehyung, you blush too much." I commented as I chuckled at his adorable habit of easily turning red.

"S-Sorry." He said in embarrassment, causing me to quickly shake my head at his apology.

"Nono, don't be. It's cute." I assured as I gave him a warm smile, only to make his entire face completely flush more into a scarlet red color.

Hurriedly covering his face with his large hands, he suddenly crouched down onto the ground as if his legs had gone weak.

"You're not helping Seoyeon..." He bashfully muttered, his extremely red ears causing me to burst into laughter.

"Sorry Tae." I apologized while chuckling, giving him a gentle pat on his fluffy hair.

After that, we exchanged our phone numbers, talked for a while, and got to know each other a little more.

~ After School ~

Exiting the school gate along with Jungkook, Yerim, and Jimin, I suddenly turned around to face them.

"Sorry guys, I need to stop by the grocery store before I head home so I'm not going this way today." I apologetically stated, feeling bad for leaving them since I usually walk home with them.

"Seoyeon, please don't leave me with these idiots." Yerim anxiously pleaded as she tightly grasped onto my arm, looking at me with begging eyes as she referred to Jungkook and Jimin, who seemed to be distracted by a pile of dog crap on the ground.

"Sorry Yerim, but my mom told me to buy her eggs from the store before I go home." I said, only to receive a groan from her in return.

"You're going all alone? Maybe I should follow you just to make sure you get home safely." Jimin worriedly said, being that generous friend who's constantly looking out for me.

"I'm not a baby Jimin. Don't worry, I can protect myself." I assured as I let out a chuckle, giving him a thankful smile for his concern.

"Yeah, Seoyeon can beat up a whole army of sumo wrestlers all by herself." Jungkook teased, causing Yerim to burst into laughter.

"True." She said, causing me to gasp in great offense.

"I hate you guys." I grumpily said, sadly pouting as they laughed at me.

"Just be careful Seoyeon." Jimin said.

"Thanks Jiminnie." I replied, giving him a warm smile of appreciation.

"Well, we should get going. Bye Seoyeon." Yerim said as she waved at me goodbye, turning around as she left with Jimin following behind her.

But instead of leaving with them, Jungkook stayed in his position with his hands stuffed in his pocket, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Call me if you're in trouble, okay?" He said, gently giving me a pat on my head.

His kind consideration caused my heart to flutter like crazy, making my face slightly burn up.

There he goes again.

Getting my hopes up with his unusual benevolence toward me.

"Stop being nice. It's weird." I said, playfully pushing him away from me so he can leave already.

Letting out a laugh, he gave me a wave goodbye with a bright smile on his face.

"See ya potato face."

And with that, he left.

"I hate you Jungkook." I muttered to myself with a sheepish smile forming on my face, casually turning around as I left as well.