Fatal Attraction

~ Lunch ~

Entering the cafeteria, I eagerly scanned the tables filled with countless numbers of students, searching for Taehyung in order to discuss our plans for the project.

After walking around like a lost child looking for her mother, I finally spotted a familiar-looking coconut head situated with two other coconut heads.

I was rather surprised at the fact that Taehyung was sitting with Jungkook and Jimin, happily conversing with them as if they were best friends.

I never really understood how guys managed to make friends so easily.

Approaching their table, Jungkook immediately noticed me and raised his hand in the air.

"Seoyeon!" He shouted, delightedly swaying his hand with a bright simper displayed on his face.

Situating myself in between Jungkook and Taehyung, I casually greeted them like how I usually did.

"Hey guys. I'm just here because I have to talk to Taehyung." I said, only to receive a mocking 'ooooh' from Jungkook and Jimin with their eyebrows tauntingly wriggling.

"Oh shut up. It's about the project." I said as I rolled my eyes at their immature behavior.

"Be careful Tae, she's a bully." Jungkook warned, receiving a hard smack on his arm from me in return.

While he painfully groaned and gently rubbed his arm where I hit him, I turned around to face Taehyung in order to speak to him.

"So, about the-"

But as I was about to get to the point, Taehyung suddenly stood up from his seat with his face completely flushed in bright red.

"S-Sorry, I-I have to go." He reluctantly stated, hurriedly running away from me like I was some sort of horrifying monster.

"What just happened?" Jimin confusedly asked, puzzled from Taehyung's strange behavior.

"Tae probably got scared from seeing her ugly ass face." Jungkook teasingly stated, only to pierce his offensive words right through my heart.

Okay, that kind of hurt.

He took it a bit too far.

"Shut the hell up Kookie, Seoyeon's really pretty." Jimin protested, kindly standing up for me and comforting me with his generous compliment.

Seeing that I was clearly offended by his rude remark, Jungkook suddenly cupped my face with his large hand and made me look at him.

"Hey, you know I'm just kidding right?" He asked, slight angst and worry visible in his eyes as he gazed at me.

I simply continued to furiously glare at him, a huge pout displayed on my face with my arms grumpily folded.

"Stop being sad. A frown really doesn't suit you." Jungkook said, causing me to roll my eyes at his comment.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I irritatedly asked, assuming he was indicating that I was ugly once again.

"What I'm trying to say is..." He muttered as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, his cheeks slightly flushing as he sheepishly shifted his gaze away from mine.

"I-I like it when you smile. I-It's pretty."

Hearing his unexpected compliment, my heart greatly fluttered.

My cheeks instantly flaring up, the corners of my lips unintentionally began to curl up from the utter contentment I felt.

"God, you two should just date already." Jimin suddenly commented, seeing our shy behavior toward each other.