Phony

~ Monday ~

"Ahh I'm late!" I anxiously shouted as I speedily ran down the hallway of the school with my hair a mess, my uniform slightly disheveled, and my bag nearly falling off of my elbows.

Urgh, I didn't even have time to fill in my eyebrows this morning since I woke up late.

I mean like, it wasn't like my eyebrows were completely invisible without being drawn on, so I probably didn't look that different without them.

Reaching the door of my classroom, I hurriedly fixed my appearance and entered before the tardy bell rang.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I sluggishly dragged my bags along with me toward my desk.

Noticing me, Jungkook attempted to greet me like he did every morning, but let out a loud scream of fright instead.

"What?!" I shouted in extreme fear, assuming there was a bug on me or something.

"W-Where... are... your... e-eyebrows?" He reluctantly questioned, exaggeratedly pointing at my brows with his quivering hand.

Immediately covering it with my hands, my cheeks flared from utter embarrassment.

"I-Is it that noticeable that I didn't draw them on?" I bashfully asked.

"I mean like, the first thing I saw when I looked at you was a brow-less freak, so yeah kinda." Jungkook responded, causing me to loudly gasp in great offense.

"Shut up Kookie. You'll never understand the struggle of being a girl." I said, rolling my eyes at him and his hostile remark.

"Come here Seoyeon, I'll draw it on for you." He teased, playfully attempting to draw on my brows with the pencil he had in his hand.

Madly blushing from how close he was to me, I immediately pushed him away while he laughed his ass off at me

"I'm just kidding. You look cute without brows too." Jungkook stated as he sent me an adorable little wink, causing my cheeks to flare up even more from his ludicrous comment.

"W-Whatever."

~ Lunch Time ~

As the lunch bell loudly rang and echoed through the entire school, I casually walked out of class with my hand tightly grasping onto the handle of my lunch pale.

Luckily, I was able to secretly draw on my eyebrows during class while everyone was distracted by the lesson.

On my way to the cafeteria, I noticed a familiar figure head up the stairway that lead to the rooftop.

Was that... Jin?

I wonder what he's planning to do up there all alone.

With curiosity killing me, I decided to follow after him to see what he was up to.

Cautiously turning the metal knob of the door, I slowly peeked outside in a quiet manner in order for me to not get caught by Jin.

But unable to find him anywhere, I took a step forward onto the rooftop and gazed around in search for him.

"Seoyeon?"

Loudly screaming in fright from a sudden voice from behind me, I quickly spun around to see who it was.

There stood Jin with his hands stuffed in his pockets, looking down at me in utter bewilderment.

"God you scared me." I breathlessly said with my hand placed on my chest, attempting to calm my accelerating heartbeat.

"Are you... stalking me?" He questioned as he raised an eyebrow, making me let out a scoff of disbelief.

"Why would I want to stalk you out of all people?" I asked in a disgusted tone, sickened at the fact that he thought I would follow a weirdo like him around.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because-"

"Okay I get it, you're handsome." I said as I interrupted him, already knowing what he was intending to say.

Hearing my remark, Jin gave me a proud nod of satisfaction.

"So why're you up here?" I asked, attempting to change the subject before he began his ceaseless bragging about how 'perfect' he was.

"I forgot my money at home so I can't buy my lunch. And I would rather sit up here alone instead of watching everyone enjoy their food." He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Slightly feeling bad for him, I hurriedly unzipped my lunch pale and took out one of the PB & J sandwiches I packed for myself.

"Here, you can have my sandwich. I have another one anyways." I offered.

"Psh, who knows what you put in that." He said in disgust, assuming I was intending to poison him with my food.

"Jin, I know you're hungry." I said, not wanting him to starve himself or anything.

"I don't need it." He once again denied, grumpily crossing his arms as turned his head away from me.

But suddenly, Jin's stomach loudly growled out of hunger, causing me to burst into great laughter while he madly blushed from embarrassment.

"You sure?" I asked once again, attempting to hold back my laughter from the extremely humiliating incident that had just happened to him.

Sheepishly taking the sandwich from my hand, he gave me a small bow of gratitude with his face completely flushed.

"T-Thanks." He muttered under his breathe, probably not used to accepting people's kindnesses.

"You're welcome." I replied, looking up at him with a proud smile displayed right across my face.

※ ※ ※

With our backs leaning against the concrete wall and our legs folded, Jin and I casually enjoyed our lunch while the calming breeze lightly brushed against our skin from time to time.

"Seoyeon?" Jin suddenly spoke up, making me turn my head and look at him.

"Hm?" I responded as I took another bite out of my sandwich.

"How's Yerim doing?" He curiously asked, displaying a rather anxious expression on his face.

"Jin..." I worriedly muttered, knowing the fact that he was greatly suffering from his incapability of getting over her.

"I know, I should just forget about her. I know, she doesn't like me anymore. But it's just, it's so hard to get her out of my mind..." He dejectedly stated, speaking of his unalterable feelings toward Yerim as if it was a pernicious poison that was taking over his entire mind and body.

"I just like her so much..." He confessed, defeatedly looking down with his head held in his brawny hands.

Although I didn't know anything about relationships, I knew the least I could do was provide him with the comfort and assurance he needed.

Gradually bringing my hand up, I gently caressed Jin on his back and hoped to help in any way I could.

"It's going to be alright." I calmly stated, telling him that the misery overwhelming him was only a temporary hardship that every single person goes through once in their lifetime, and that it'll eventually go away.

"Jin, you're a handsome guy. I'm pretty sure you can literally find a new girlfriend in a split second." I assured, knowing for a fact that he had countless numbers of fangirls dying to have him as their beloved boyfriend.

Hearing my remark, Jin finally raised his head and looked at me, smiling at me with a simper which resembled an adorable little chipmunk.

"Thanks Seoyeon."